• Show
Clear All

Accusump

Accusump
    $160 2qrt
    $170 3qrt

open/shut valve
    $14

one way check valve...so the oil flows to where it's needed...not into your pan
    $24

Cold starts are hard on engines, I saw this a while back....I think it would be a very worth while addition to a built or stock engine.

While the engine is running, the oil pump pushes the oil into the accumulator (pushes one side of an air pressurized cylinder). Close the valve, before a cold start, open the valve, pressurized oil flows through the engine...start engine...once it runs, close the valve and you've got your pressurized oil for next time.

Thoughts?
    ____

There's plenty of cb7's out there with over 300k miles. I don't think cold starts are that big of a problem.

Plus all engines endure cold start, if it was that big of a problem cars would come with those installed from the factory.

Comment

I'm sure only cars in sub-0 temps would NEED would...but as for just helping reduce damage...couldn't hurt
      ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
        I'm sure only cars in sub-0 temps would NEED would...but as for just helping reduce damage...couldn't hurt
        COuldn't hurt, but also doesn't help enough to justify the trouble and costs.

The "damage" caused by cold starts is minuscule.

Not having enough oil or having old oil causes more damage. That's something that you can control and should be in control of anyways.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005 View Post
          There's plenty of cb7's out there with over 300k miles. I don't think cold starts are that big of a problem.

Plus all engines endure cold start, if it was that big of a problem cars would come with those installed from the factory.
          Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
          COuldn't hurt, but also doesn't help enough to justify the trouble and costs.

The "damage" caused by cold starts is minuscule.

Not having enough oil or having old oil causes more damage. That's something that you can control and should be in control of anyways.
          yeah...more I think about it more I'm agreeing. Prolly could spend that $200+ somewhere else
          ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
            yeah...more I think about it more I'm agreeing. Prolly could spend that $200+ somewhere else
            Use a better oil. I only foresee this as introducing more parts that could potentially have a motor oil leak, then you have larger problems that WILL damage your motor.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Another good point.

So what about an oil cooler then (along with GOOD oil that is)?
              ____

Comment

AN oil cooler would better fit a car that does road racing or any racing where the motor is getting beat up for long periods of time.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                X