JDM madness as of late

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM madness as of late

Anybody else notice this has gotten out of hand as of late? It feels like its starting to get whored out a little bit too, which sucks, considering ive finally ran out of JDM stuff to buy and spent something like $1700 on it all. Does anybody else share this feeling? And more importantly (to me at least) does anybody think ive whored it out myself? Disscuss please.

every.. trend.. mod.. or something cool will be whored sooner or later...

IMO.. i think you and a select few have whored it out more than anyone else.. not in a bad way thou.. uve whored it out tot he point that u are the JDM WHORE.. u have everything JDM..
    i dont mind it personally.. but when u make a thread when u recieive a new jdm part.. or a few new parts.. its like.. eh.. that will soon be the new trend..

like your XENON mild lip.. everyone has the impression that its JDM when it isnt.. its just a rare lip made by XENON..

another thing like the motor swaps.. those are getting too trendy as well.. but that will always happen.. im to blame sowhat.. ive told a few ppl and theyve told a few ppl and it just grew.. those with the cash got the jdm parts... those who dont have it.. can only speak of it..

bleh.. like the f22b dohc.. f20a dohc.. are getting too trendy and certain.. GOOD resources to find this shit are going up in prices because of it... trend sucks.. jdm needs to become a hardcore method of tuning where when u had jdm headlights u were hardcore..sigh..

im done with my rant..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16

IMO.. i think you and a select few have whored it out more than anyone else.. not in a bad way thou.. uve whored it out tot he point that u are the JDM WHORE.. u have everything JDM..
      i dont mind it personally.. but when u make a thread when u recieive a new jdm part.. or a few new parts.. its like.. eh.. that will soon be the new trend..

like your XENON mild lip.. everyone has the impression that its JDM when it isnt.. its just a rare lip made by XENON..

another thing like the motor swaps.. those are getting too trendy as well.. but that will always happen.. im to blame sowhat.. ive told a few ppl and theyve told a few ppl and it just grew.. those with the cash got the jdm parts... those who dont have it.. can only speak of it..

bleh.. like the f22b dohc.. f20a dohc.. are getting too trendy and certain.. GOOD resources to find this shit are going up in prices because of it... trend sucks.. jdm needs to become a hardcore method of tuning where when u had jdm headlights u were hardcore..sigh..

im done with my rant..
      :owned:

that was a bit too funny!!!!
      "LAND OF THE GREAT"!! OSAKA,JAPAN

Comment

i dont see anything wrong with it at all. basically you are different than everyone else.you cant always have the same cb7 as the next guy.you go to spend money to be different.

RIGHT OR WRONG?

Comment

how can you be different if you are buying the same things?

for the most part JDM things that people look for (mirrors, headlights, grills, clusters, badges, etc.) are all the same things... now someone might have a JDM part that you dont have every now and then, but that can be said with USDM parts as well (ex: all you bastards who've gotten the OEM trunk lip spoiler )

note: Im only angry because I dont have one... lucky bastards

Edit: I just realized I didnt answer the question. as for JDM becoming "whored out", it is like he said... anything that is cool is going to be copied/mocked and used over and over again... But it is different with CB7's than with other cars that have jumped on the JDM bandwagon... if you got Power folding mirrors for your EK ... thats cool, but if you got Power folding mirrors for your CB7, that means you had to do some work in order to get them (especially if you have a coupe)... Since all the JDM parts (well not all but most) are so damn hard to get for the CB7, I don't believe it is as "whored out" as with the other honda makes where JDM parts are a dime a dozen. Not to say that I think that they (people with other cars/non-CB7's) shouldn't go all JDM'd out, as matter of fact the next car I buy is gonna be an EG hatch just for the fact that JDM shit for them is SOOOOOOO easy to come by. I just think that as far as CB7's go, if you go JDM you can't lose! especially if your like cb7deathride, f22_dohc, 93accordEX, bustedlx, etc.... once you get those REALLY hard to find things, it makes your ride stand out tremendously compared to all the other people on the JDM bandwagon.

and besides, if it wasn't JDM it would be something else.
          Last edited by shawn.hayden; 08-11-2004, 03:37 AM.
          OS^e
          1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

Its already blown out of proportion and a big trend for the most part and most buy the parts just to fit in or brag about how "JDM" they are or something because they see it on videos, mags, etc. funny shit really...I'm sure something else will come around. Use to be racing stripes, bodykits and big rims. Then you have everyone raggin' on big rims and saying 15's are best...its funny.

People have been into the "JDM" theme way before this craze..they had the JDM teg fronts, wheels etc. It was pricey though. I really don't even think its really a JDM theme...its all about keeping your car clean and mainly why people bought the JDM parts is because yes it was rare to see stuff stateside but it also fit the best and was made the best like OEM parts from Japan. Also if you ever look back in an early 90's mag you will see how little the aftermarket scene offered as to performance parts. (NO APC or CRAP back then) Clean and simple was the game and still is for the true enthusiast....not the followers or band wagon people.

But all in all everything has trends (clothes, music, etc.) its the way of life.

You have to ask yourself if you are buying all the JDM parts to fit into the trend or are you buying it because thats how you always wanted YOUR car to look. Having a car with every damn part that is from japan or lights up amber does not make it the best or the cleanest.

Everyone thinks the one piece lights are a must have. Well, way back then those lights use to be 500+ and hard to get imported. Now its a dime a dozen. So I guess its just gotten easier to get ahold of the "JDM" parts now thats why you see the blow up in parts and more suppliers are around...plus ebay...haha

Now if you want to talk about the import scene and how it got messed up after movies like fast and the furious came out and all these cheap companies out for pure profit (APC) that had every 16 yr. old wanting a Honda or something with NOS now that makes me upset. I blame alot of the scene being ruined due to shit like that....but thats another topic.

Anyways I've rambled too much...just my .02cents on things.
            ________
            DC MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES
            Last edited by accord4thgen; 05-12-2011, 09:39 AM.
            無限WESTCOAST FUKINWITCHU ACCORD4THGEN 1990 CB7 Coupe無限

Comment

i completely agree with everything accord4thgen stated. i've stood by this quote ever since i was into imports back in 1995 (i was only 14 yrs old with a civic EF 4-door):

"people bought the JDM parts is because yes it was rare to see stuff stateside but it also fit the best and was made the best like OEM parts from Japan". couldn't have said it better myself! it is a lot easier to get them nowadays, and that's why many are going towards this route.

FACT: did you know that jonathan wong from the magazine SUPER STREET first coined the famous acronym "JDM"? he had a "JDM seal of approval" everytime a sick jap-spec ride was featured.

93akkord, i have an OEM flush mount spoiler! tee hee jk man!
              1cor10:31
              - 92 LX coupe
              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool

FACT: did you know that jonathan wong from the magazine SUPER STREET first coined the famous acronym "JDM"? he had a "JDM seal of approval" everytime a sick jap-spec ride was featured.
                Haha...yup I remember that clearly. They were clean cars that he approved but too bad it made everyone want to copy them and or go and get the JDM parts to try and be cool or get in the magazine when in the beginning most of those people wanted body kits and smurf blue lights on their rides. AKA bandwagon people

His own "JDM" equipped red EG was featured in SS too. I have that issue.

But whatever....this topic is highly debatable. I figure hey let everyone bring over all the stuff I'd buy from Japan and pay a grip and then when they go after the next trend I'll get it cheap
                ________
                Hotels In Mexico City

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool

93akkord, i have an OEM flush mount spoiler! tee hee jk man!
                  bastard! I've wanted one of those for about 2 years now!

haha jp, if you ever want to let it go you know who to get in touch with
                  OS^e
                  1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

JDM is gonna get whored out just like body kits, vynols, LED lights, underglow kits n things, right when that bad info movie cam out, not gonna say it, never liked all that all that much i was more into performance wise, but, i like it plain and simple, JDM is the easiest thing to do and by far cheapest...people spend 2k on a full bodykit not installed, just JDM is cheaper lol, thats how i see it, and it looks hella lot nicer than big wings n stuff, not dising on kits, cause some are nice, just not my taste....iono...like i myself am buying up JDM things, my first true JDM thing ever was my rims...woot!..but wait theres MORE!...lolz

^sold

Comment

I think I'll start a new trend....im going all USDM!
                      OLD GUY CREW #1

BDC #4

93 EX coupe 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by lowoctane
                        JDM is the easiest thing to do and by far cheapest...
                        I disagree for the most part on that comment. If you are doing it right the parts and import fees are not very cheap at all.

If you buy "JDM Knockoff" parts or spray paint your rims to get that supposed "JDM Look" then I guess its pretty cheap.

________
                        Ipad Guide

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16

im done with my rant..
                          HAHAHAH you were schooled :owned:
                          To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

I dont care. I asked for opinions. I enjoy hearing both sides of the story.

Comment

just playing, love your car, you should come to the ct meet/BBQ if your around!
                              To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Working...
                              X