Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

fully tunable a6 ecu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fully tunable a6 ecu?

Hello, new guy hear. I'm going to jump right in and ask away. First I just picked up a 92 accord of with a f22a1 for $500 with 270xxx miles. Now I can get a complete a6 from a 93 ex for around $350 ( I want an extra block and etc) with 135xxx. But I was reading about ecu's and think I need a((pt3-o6) or a (p72))f that's even a real one? The reason for all this is my car is a standard and from what ive read the a6's where only autos. So how could I make this work? And the reason for the title is I want to boost it so I want full control of tuning. Thats why I want the extra block, head, etc. And please don't tell me swap to a whatever, I like the f series and would love to push 400+ hp out of one. Lets forget about money hear also that's not a problem just the time.

Too many f series fans to try and persuade you another way. From what ive been reading, its one of the best honda motors to boost.....and for pretty cheap too.

Comment

I'm not sure where you read that F22A6s were only automatic; in any case it doesn't matter. A P06 would be the least expensive route for a tunable ECU, the P72 is generally more expensive as it came from an Integra GSR. Good luck with whatever you build.
      '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
      If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

I like the AEM Infinity EMS. Welcome to the forums.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Ok thanks for the imput guys. So the ex came with a 5 speed? And that was based off of I couldent find one with a standard. But if so is the stock ecu tunable like timing, fuel, maf and D all the above? And if so I based of a thred on the forum you can convert a auto to a standard. And for the aem ecm I don't want to spend that much because it dosent seam to be for the faint of heart and I have never done a tune before. And I want my car for street mostly.

Comment

Are you at least planning on upgrading to forged pistons for your turbo build? If not boosting on a stock block is a guaranteed way to break a ring-land, it could happen instantly, after a week, or maybe a year later, but it would be a grenade waiting to go off.

For a stock (that means unmodified) motor: If the motor is an a1/a4 you will want a PT3, if it is an a6, you will want a PT6.

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
            Understanding Ecu Codes
            37820 = Honda's ECU Part Number
            Example (AAA-BCD)
            AAA = Ecu Model
            B = Region (A - US 49 State Emissions, L - California Emissions, 0 or J - Japan, Q - Australian, G - Europe, F - New Zealand)
            C = Manual or Automatic Designation (5, 7, 9 are automatic)
            D = Revision Number

The List:
            PT3-A01 / 1990 / CB7 / DX / F22A1
            PT3-A03 / 1991 / CB7 / LX / F22A1
            PT3-A53 / 1991 / CB7 / LX / F22A1
            PT3-A54 / 1992 / CB7 / LX / F22A1
            PT3-A72 / 1990 / CB7 / EX / F22A4
            PT5-F02 / 1992 / CB3 / EX / F20A5
            PT6-A11 / 1992 / CB7 / EX / F22A6
            PT6-A12 / 1993 / CB7 / EX / F22A6
            PT6-A50 / 1991 / CB9 / EX / F22A6
            The PT3 and PT6 ecu's are not fully tunable, there are still a lot of things that need to be figured out and tested before being considered 'fully tunable'.

Since you are planning on going turbo, your best option is to get a Civic or Integra ECU such as the P06, the P28, or P72. The only reason to go with a P72 is the built in knock sensor, otherwise, a P06 can be upgraded to the equivalent of a P28, or P72.

Since you are unfamiliar with how to tune an engine, your best to leave it to a professional, and schedule a dyno and street tune for once your build is complete. DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT BOOSTING ON A BASEMAP... either drive with a feather foot, like an old lady tourist, or risk blowing it up, best recommendation is to tow it.

For information on Tuning ECU's I highly recommend reviewing the information at http://pgmfi.org.
            PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Working...
            X