CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #1
dhowse
Newcomer

dhowse is cool... so far.
1990 Auto EX-R coupe "Sports Mode" issue..

Hi there! I'm new here, so hopefully this is where I'm supposed to be posting. So, recently my "Sports" mode has been turning on and off by itself. My car will drive fine, and then once it sports turns itself on, it goes haywire and revs up super high.. I'd like to know if anyone else has had this issue, and how you ended up fixing it! Thanks!
Old 05-22-2013, 10:10 PM   #2
cloudasc
CB7tuner Member

cloudasc is someone to admire cloudasc is someone to admire cloudasc is someone to admire
If you sport light comes on 'on its own', then the transmission computer (TCU) is providing a 'code'. Read the sticky that says 'read here first', and select 'how to diagnose a check engiine light (CEL)'. The procedure listed there will tell you how to retrieve the 'code'. In the event it the sports light does not flash when the service connector is jumped, it means a code 0, or the TCU is bad. If that is the case, or it says 4+ codes at once then read the link in my signature that says 'DIY: 90-93 TCU Fix'.

If you happen to get just one code or two post them up in here and we can tell how the different possibilites that are causing the code(s) in question.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #3
dhowse
Newcomer

dhowse is cool... so far.
Alright, thanks so much for the info! I will check on that tomorrow!!
Closed Thread

Tags
1990 , coupe , ex-r , issue , sports mode

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: