Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Oil in spark plug hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I watched the video and am about to attempt it, but what are the lower seals called exactly so I can go get them. How do I adjust the valves?

Comment

Originally posted by jaemil369 View Post
      Ok I watched the video and am about to attempt it, but what are the lower seals called exactly so I can go get them. How do I adjust the valves?
      lower spark plugs tube seals
      Originally posted by Mishakol129
      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

I don't think you have a choice when replacing the lower tube seals, you must adjust the valves after. Since you remove the rocker arm, you must adjust the valves. I would follow Eric the Car guy for the lower tube seals replacement, and valve adjustments. His way of adjusting the valves take longer but much more accurate, IMO. I did the way the manual said but my valves were still flap a little. I did it his way and the flapping is gone except when really cold, which almost never in CA. The car also run so much smoother and stronger too.
        My car got 155K miles on it but the spark plugs are bone dry. I changed the valve cover 5000 miles ago. Never change the lower tube seals yet.

Comment

A good shop vac and some sort of tube that fits in the hole will get a lot of the oil out. Then change the gaskets and make sure no oil gets in the cylinder if you take the spark plugs out to change them or clean them.

Comment

Ok so here's the deal. I got everything off, lower seals were shit (found problem) put new seals on then...couldn't get the rocker arm assembly lined up right. I fought with the for about an hour maybe more. Eventually I decided to take bolts completely out, fought for bout 10mins. The left side of rocker arm came off, there was a spring. So I put it back on, then other side, can't get both ends on together. And like it was fallen apart or something. Anyways it started rainin so I had to quit. Help? Suggestions?

Comment

Ok so here's the deal. I got everything off, lower seals were shit (found problem) put new seals on then...couldn't get the rocker arm assembly lined up right. I fought with the for about an hour maybe more. Eventually I decided to take bolts completely out, fought for bout 10mins. The left side of rocker arm came off, there was a spring. So I put it back on, then other side, can't get both ends on together. And like it was fallen apart or something. Anyways it started rainin so I had to quit. Help? Suggestions?
              You have to loosen all the tappet screws and nuts, it makes installation a MILLION times easier.

Comment

I have all screws removed, hense the reason it's comic apart I guess

Comment

I have all screws removed, hense the reason it's comic apart I guess
                  You dont have to remove them, just loosen them.

Comment

Any suggestions on why I can get left side lined up but then the left won't be?

Comment

Dumb question but are you putting it on right? Not backwards or upside down?

Comment

Yea everything is right looks right, I don't get it. I look and nothing is in the way but it won't sit flush

Comment

Yea everything is right looks right, I don't get it. I look and nothing is in the way but it won't sit flush
                          Post up a clear picture, see if I can help.

Comment

I'll have o wait until tomorrow cause it's dark and rainin but thanks for your help

Comment

I'll have o wait until tomorrow cause it's dark and rainin but thanks for your help
                              No worries, someone may chime in before then and have some insight. If not, post the pic tomorrow showing your issue.

Comment

Happened to me when I did mine the little silver piece has to be turned the right way so the screw can go all the way through. Mine did the same thing on me it was a nightmare fought with mine for 30 mins though.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Working...
                                X