CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Appearance

Old 11-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
ewr3ckej6
Newcomer

ewr3ckej6 is cool... so far.
what seats should i get

ok so my 93 sir currently has no seats it it..... it is a coupe.... i wanna go with darker seats like charcoal gray which 97-01 prelude have and i want front and back to match... so heres my question for anyone who has done it.... what has to be dont for the seats to fit??? swap rails sliders weld??? ive seen one or 2 cb7s with these seats just don't know what had to be done to make them fit.... i do currently have a set of front dark grey leather seats out of an 02 accord v6 had to swip swap and weld to bolt them in... but any input would be greatly appreciated....
ewr3ckej6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
wildBill83
CB7tuner Member

wildBill83 seems to have made some friends!
S2000 black leather ... do it!

All seats will need modification.
wildBill83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #3
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
You will need to cut and weld the slider brackets to fit most other seats. Some seats will not fit due to their overall size (mainly width). Anything with electric power will take some wiring.

It would probably be only slightly more expensive to simply have your seats reupholstered. Not to mention it'll be safer than rigging up a seat from another car, and the seat design will actually flow with the car's interior. You can beef up the side bolsters if you want more support.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:33 PM   #4
wildBill83
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
You can beef up the side bolsters if you want more support.
I never thought of that! I have a set of Prelude buckets I was considering covering in tan leather, but you make a good point and I can have my OEM seats improved for near the same cost and no custom mounting.

Thanks DEEV!
Old 11-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #5
H311RA151N
Silver Member

H311RA151N seems to have made some friends! H311RA151N seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
You will need to cut and weld the slider brackets to fit most other seats. Some seats will not fit due to their overall size (mainly width). Anything with electric power will take some wiring.

It would probably be only slightly more expensive to simply have your seats reupholstered. Not to mention it'll be safer than rigging up a seat from another car, and the seat design will actually flow with the car's interior. You can beef up the side bolsters if you want more support.
Speaking of reupholstering, has anyone you know of used either of these?
http://www.tasauto.com/Product/Detail.aspx?s=3360312
H311RA151N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #6
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Link goes to a non-existent item. At least it's free!

Old 11-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #7
H311RA151N
Silver Member

H311RA151N seems to have made some friends! H311RA151N seems to have made some friends!
It keeps doing that when i try to copy and paste the URL.

Anyways, its the Leather and Vinyl Upholstery kits that T.A.S. sells.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 11-01-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #8
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

Yeah, they don't like links directly to their products, it seems.

IMO, TAS sells garbage. They've gotten worse, and they've basically abandoned this community, violating the agreement we had made previously. I'm not a fan of the company. The banner is only there at the top because I can't remember where the code is to remove it!

Old 11-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #9
H311RA151N
Silver Member

In that case who cares if their upholstery kits are worth a damn.

Im glad you passed on that bit of information to me.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #10
wildBill83
CB7tuner Member

Personally I just started researching costs for reupholster work for my leathers.

Full custom job runs about $1500 in my area (front and rear seats only).
If they use a Katzkin kit it will cost $1200.
I can just buy the Katzkin kit myself and do it for around $850 and install it myself.

Good deal, would love to keep OEM leather but it is just falling apart and the foam padding is worn.

I assume just about any shaped foam padding will work? I would really like to make the seats more form fitting to my skinny butt.

^ I <3 these Katzkin kits!

Last edited by wildBill83; 11-01-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:10 PM   #11
93accordexcoupe
Contributing Member

93accordexcoupe is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to 93accordexcoupe
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20158
Old 11-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #12
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

I don't believe any of those seats fit without modification to the rails, though. Even the Prelude seats don't fit perfectly. AccordWarrior had them, and if I recall, he said the back/forth motion was seriously compromised (and he's a tall dude, so that wasn't a good thing.) He still kept them and liked them, but they didn't offer the same features as stock (either in the Accord or in the Prelude.)

Another option is to get a set of aftermarket seats. Corbeau A4s are fairly inexpensive, and with the proper rails, can be made to fit the CB7 properly.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #13
crazymikey
CB7tuner Member

crazymikey is very helpful crazymikey is very helpful
Aren't the 2003ish WRX STi front buckets a straight bolt in? I'm pretty sure someone, somewhere on here has said that.
crazymikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #14
93accordexcoupe
Contributing Member

Quote:
I don't believe any of those seats fit without modification to the rails, though. Even the Prelude seats don't fit perfectly. AccordWarrior had them, and if I recall, he said the back/forth motion was seriously compromised (and he's a tall dude, so that wasn't a good thing.) He still kept them and liked them, but they didn't offer the same features as stock (either in the Accord or in the Prelude.)

Another option is to get a set of aftermarket seats. Corbeau A4s are fairly inexpensive, and with the proper rails, can be made to fit the CB7 properly.
Mike's seats have been in my car for about 5 years

But yea the only thing they dont do is fold forward for people to get into the back. Not a problem for a 4 door or my coupe (cage harness bar stops them anyway).

They could recline as much as a stock seat if the bar wasnt there

Last edited by 93accordexcoupe; 11-01-2012 at 08:37 PM.
93accordexcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:40 AM   #15
Ctgearhead
Newcomer

Ctgearhead is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to Ctgearhead Send a message via Skype™ to Ctgearhead
I love the way that the 4th gen Prelude seats look and function. Want to get a pair from a CB7 owner who is selling them near by It was hard to find a set in decent condition and matching the upholstery color.
I ive heard the complaints about the adjusting but im not exactly too tall (5'9"ish)

Last edited by Ctgearhead; 11-05-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Ctgearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #16
DanCan
CB7tuner Member

DanCan is cool... so far.
Acura Integra Seats, 94-?? I forget. Got these for $75, Black/Charcoal cloth.
Rails closet to the console bolt right up, The other rails closer to doors need modification. Can swap rails or make custom mounts for the original rail.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

DanCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #17
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
Keeping in mind that this thread began with someone asking a bunch of strangers what seats WE thought he should get for HIS car, let's keep the constructive information in the threads that already exist for that purpose.

The compatible seat thread seems to be filled with far too many questions from people who can't seem to read so infusing it with pictures and information will go further than it will here.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #18
AccordWarrior
Guy Smiley

AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful
Quote:

I had Prelude cushions on the Accord rails. They would slide forward and back as the stock seats would (if anything then moved further back than the stock Accord seats). The gripe I had was that the seats sat too reclined for my liking compared to the stock seats. I've seen some people expand upon what I had done back in the day to get them to sit more upright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymikey View Post
Aren't the 2003ish WRX STi front buckets a straight bolt in? I'm pretty sure someone, somewhere on here has said that.
STi seats aren't particularly good, at least, not the USDM models. I personally much prefer the Prelude seats, even if they sat reclined. The Prelude seats were made by Recaro, the STi seats are just junk Subaru seats. Most people regard the 02-03 WRX seats as far superior to the USDM 04-07 STi seats. The JDM seats are a completely different animal, although I have no first hand experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93accordexcoupe View Post
Mike's seats have been in my car for about 5 years

But yea the only thing they dont do is fold forward for people to get into the back. Not a problem for a 4 door or my coupe (cage harness bar stops them anyway).

They could recline as much as a stock seat if the bar wasnt there
How are they holding up Travis? There was a spot on the driver's lower bolster I always worried would have worn through with normal usage, but I'm curious to see what it's done over the past 5 years.
AccordWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #19
wolfy47
CB7tuner Member

wolfy47 is cool... so far.
you can pan swap most other honda seats with your original pan from your seats

some people go as far as pan swapping celica seats

the only seats that arnt pan swappable (off the top of my head) are rsx and ep3 seats
wolfy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #20
93accordexcoupe
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordWarrior View Post
How are they holding up Travis? There was a spot on the driver's lower bolster I always worried would have worn through with normal usage, but I'm curious to see what it's done over the past 5 years.
They're fine! That bolster hasnt worn through at all. I can tell its there but its not annoying at all.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: