CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Appearance

Old 08-12-2017, 08:19 PM   #1
Rat
Newcomer

Rat is cool... so far.
fixing the front end of my Accord

This is my first post on this site so here we go. I am currently fixing up my 1992 Accord LX. I have it running good but it needs some cosmetic help. The previous owner got in an accident on the front drivers side and all the body panels are screwed up over there. It was repaired with a grill and one headlight from a 1991 Accord, so nothing is correct up front. I just ordered new lights, a new grill and a new bumper. Anyway, the radiator support is bent just enough to mis-align the panels up front. There is a half to three quarter inch gap between the driver side headlight and the hood. Does anyone know of a way to reduce this gap without replacing the radiator support?
Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:24 PM   #2
fleetw00d
Contributing Member

fleetw00d seems to have made some friends! fleetw00d seems to have made some friends!
Post some pictures so we can better assess the damage. I had a minor front end accident in my 90; I used a come along to pull the radiator support (where it meets the headlight support) forward.

LOTS of CB7 parts for sale http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192583

Working to relink my pictures. Please be patient. If there is one you particularly want to see, let me know.
fleetw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:44 PM   #3
Bunta
CB7tuner Member

Bunta is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat View Post
This is my first post on this site so here we go. I am currently fixing up my 1992 Accord LX. I have it running good but it needs some cosmetic help. The previous owner got in an accident on the front drivers side and all the body panels are screwed up over there. It was repaired with a grill and one headlight from a 1991 Accord, so nothing is correct up front. I just ordered new lights, a new grill and a new bumper. Anyway, the radiator support is bent just enough to mis-align the panels up front. There is a half to three quarter inch gap between the driver side headlight and the hood. Does anyone know of a way to reduce this gap without replacing the radiator support?
Welcome to the site.

You really have two options, replace the bent/damaged parts or re-bend them into their approximate normal shape. This isn't ideal but on something like the radiator support you might be able to do a passable job if you have access to a vice and a selection of BFH's (big F-in hammers). honestly your best bet IS to replace it since re-bending metal work hardens it and you probably won't be able to get it perfect anyways. I'd double check the actual body "frame" and see that it wasn't also knocked out of alignment.
Bunta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:07 PM   #4
Rat
Newcomer

Rat is cool... so far.
Here are some photos. I hope I'm uploading these right...
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Rat; 08-12-2017 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:11 PM   #5
Rat
Newcomer

Rat is cool... so far.
How should I go about checking the frame?
Old 08-13-2017, 09:53 AM   #6
HenRoc
Black Thunder

HenRoc seems to have made some friends! HenRoc seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to HenRoc
You need to re-host your images because P-Bucket won't allow us to see it. Anyways..back about 3 years ago I had a front end collision with my old sedan. I ended up replacing the full core support and actually got it as a brand new unit from Honda.

As far as the extent of the damage..the only way to know is if you bring it to a shop and they can do a once over on it.

Mine was something like this:

So to cut down the labor time I took apart down to this:

After a week in a shop at the dealership I worked at it came out like:

So depending on how bad it is so long as the frame isn't bent it should be able to get fixed.
1993 Accord EX
OG since 'o3
'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video
HenRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:03 PM   #7
Rat
Newcomer

Rat is cool... so far.
Ill reup in a bit, i call my car the curse due to to it constantly trying to either kill me or simple things being major things. Im looking at another 92 today. Either way I am still going to try to fix the front end of the curse.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:24 PM   #8
Rat
Newcomer

Rat is cool... so far.
Reup.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: