Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much negative camber should i expect from a 2 inch drop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much negative camber should i expect from a 2 inch drop?

going with tein basic coilovers

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Not much... I'm lowered 2 inches and I don't have negative camber wear.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Im lowered just over 2 inches and I havent noticed any camber wear on my tires.....I put like 25000 kms on my old tires with even wear all across the tires also.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

has anyone here lowered 2 inches and taken their car to the alignment shop for to find out how many degrees of negative camber they have?

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:

Comment

I'm dropped 3 inches with -3.3 degrees camber in the rear, and -2.6 camber in the rear.
          Meh, not feeling the honda game anymore.
          MY CAR IS SOLD!!!

Comment

if you are worried about tire wear, id be more focused on toe being out of spec than camber.

ive seen negative toe wear destroy tires faster than negative camber.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

if you rotate your tires often, like every oil change, chamber ware should not be an issue.

like wed3k said, check your toe in/out situation...if thats off you can destroy your tires even driving in a straight line.
              DEVOTE

Comment

Camber kits for CB7s are sooo cheap. Why even risk the wear?

Get a camber kit from ebay, drop the car and get an alignment. It's cheaper than tires.

Lexus SC300 1JZ-GTE - garage queen
                1991 Honda Accord Ex - daily beats

Comment

Please dont get a camber kit from ebay, they are fucking terrible and you'll regret your choice in 3 months when they clunk over every bump. If your going to buy a camber kit, buy either camber/toe adjustable upper ball joints or buy an Ingalls camber kit.

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

im gettin a alignment next paycheck. ill get my numbers from them and post. i dropped about 2inches around 2 weeks ago.

Member Ride Facebook
                    XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                    SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                    For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by shern
                      Camber kits for CB7s are sooo cheap. Why even risk the wear?

Get a camber kit from ebay, drop the car and get an alignment. It's cheaper than tires.
                      im not going to get ebay because ive heard of the bad experiences people have had with them.
                      im planning to get camber kits and they are going to be at least ingalls, but i dont know how much correction i need.
                      which is why im asking how much negative camber i should expect.

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:

Comment

When I was dropped 2" with my lowering springs, I had -2 degrees of camber in the front, and about -1 in the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by lowakkord
                          Please dont get a camber kit from ebay, they are fucking terrible and you'll regret your choice in 3 months when they clunk over every bump. If your going to buy a camber kit, buy either camber/toe adjustable upper ball joints or buy an Ingalls camber kit.
                          i have had two sets of ebay camber kits that broke on me. it could have ended with me in a ditch from that.

after those, i ran a Eibach/SPC type camber kit and my performance in the curves sucked because i had no negative camber.

so i just ended up going no camber kit.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i have no camber kit on a 2 inch drop untill i get better tires. i dont know how much it is though
                            UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                            NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Originally posted by CustomLowz
                              When I was dropped 2" with my lowering springs, I had -2 degrees of camber in the front, and about -1 in the rear.
                              thanks

btw, im looking at some ingalls camber kits and they got 2 different degrees of camber correction.

Front Degree of Correction 1 +1.25
                              Front Degree of Correction 2 +3.00

why is that?

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:

Comment

Working...
                              X