No announcement yet.

Facebook Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure why I didn't think of this before......

You ever think of doing the opposite?

blahblahblah.com had a website. FB came out, so they now have a FB page.
    cnn has a website. FB came out = FB page

The pages support each other. Any links posted on the FB page would link to this site (site ranking sweetness). Use FB as a pointer to this page as much as possible. But this would imply some changes to the FB page.

...... #1 would be rules.

- let people spoon feed in FB, but create a files section of links pointing to the real documentation. Make them register on the site to see the beginner section for the website.
    - Have admins promote the site and links to the DIYs, etc. (While FB is a bunch of quick answers, the DIYs will have pics, and instructions).
    - For the website, ALLOW spoon feeding here and newbies to ask dumb questions in the beginner section with a more relaxed policing. < -- they're doing it on FB anyways. Make them read updated rules when they get to 50-100 posts and are allowed in the MRTs section etc.

You get the idea......

(and I just looked to see if there is a craigslist or kijiji on FB. There is . So people are actually creating FB buy/sell pages for the website of a buy/sell website )

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
      I agree, the answers are here but people are lazy and impatient. Everything you need to know about a F/H swap, 5 lug swap, real JDM and so on is here. SInce i got rid of my old CB i came on here very very little and the site was dead. Now that i got my new project its gotten even worse.
      It's slowed down TERRIBLY in the past couple years. Facebook is a big part of it, but I think a lot of it is the type of person that buys a CB7 these days as well. Kids that buy $500 cars want things to be easy and cheap. They didn't grow up with forums. They've been on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc... since they were 12. That's what they know. That's how they do things. Forums to those kids are like books to us (and only the smartest of us ever bothered to invest in a quality shop manual!)

Still, stick around! We need quality info on here, from people that actually know what they're doing. The DIY section is still a work in progress, and I plan to start building it up.

Originally posted by Turbo617 View Post
      I used to check maybe 5 forums max a few years ago on a daily basis ( 3 forums being game forums).

Now it's cb7tuner and hondasociety. CB7tuner being the one im most active on. Isn't there a way we can just operate without needing new members?

Back then you guys talked about how close-knit the community was, what happened to that.

Imagine official cb7tuner.com meets. Yeah it'll be difficult because everyone is across the country/world but atleast it'll keep us close
      This place is still close. Meets aren't as frequent, largely because a lot of the active members here don't have CB7s anymore, or don't have RUNNING CB7s anymore. Plus, when you've spent the past 10-12 years looking at other people's CB7s, they're not really all that interesting anymore! I often see other CB7tuner members in non-car-related scenarios.

Ultimately, though, the old members are destined to drift. Some may come back for a time, but it's rarely the same. Someone that stopped coming around here in 2010 wouldn't be likely to know many people very well. It won't be as fun for them, and they won't hang around long. Without new members floating in as the old members float out, we'll die.

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      Not sure why I didn't think of this before......

You ever think of doing the opposite?

blahblahblah.com had a website. FB came out, so they now have a FB page.
      cnn has a website. FB came out = FB page

The pages support each other. Any links posted on the FB page would link to this site (site ranking sweetness). Use FB as a pointer to this page as much as possible. But this would imply some changes to the FB page.

...... #1 would be rules.

- let people spoon feed in FB, but create a files section of links pointing to the real documentation. Make them register on the site to see the beginner section for the website.
      - Have admins promote the site and links to the DIYs, etc. (While FB is a bunch of quick answers, the DIYs will have pics, and instructions).
      - For the website, ALLOW spoon feeding here and newbies to ask dumb questions in the beginner section with a more relaxed policing. < -- they're doing it on FB anyways. Make them read updated rules when they get to 50-100 posts and are allowed in the MRTs section etc.

You get the idea......

(and I just looked to see if there is a craigslist or kijiji on FB. There is . So people are actually creating FB buy/sell pages for the website of a buy/sell website )
      That is actually EXACTLY what we do. Aside from the updated rules. That's a good idea.

As for spoon feeding in the beginner section, we're pretty relaxed for the noobs in there. The only things we come down on them for is posting things that are utterly incomprehensible, buying/selling, and the occasional BLATANT display of laziness (like "how can I make cheap, easy power with my F22A1?" when that's pretty much what one of the sticky threads is all about!) Any other strictness is aimed at the full members. Mainly for flaming.

Comment

That is a great idea Raf, I agree that group has potential but its just unorganized chaos

I miss spending every night cruising this site and learning all kinds of stuff, Im still an accord NUT but just don't have the time I used to. I just picked up my 8th accord today (As in I own 8 right now!)

8 Accords so far:
        '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
        '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
        (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

If you can't beam them, join them.

But you will have to allow the unorganized chaos that goes on in FB here in the beginners section. & you have to not only embrace FB but make the sites sister sites. Right now it is a us vs. them.

Announcements (on both sites), rules, make it a 2 week project to re-vamp both sites. New generation kids go to FB, and quickly see that the grown-up site is online. They choice after that.

But this is not what we do now. Right now it is a competition.

Comment

The amount of misinformation that gets passed around just boggles my mind.

Their response is: 'It's a lot easier than searching.'
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Random people acting like their willing to go to prison over someone else (whom they have no ties with other than over the Facebook group) supposedly getting ripped off by a shop somewhere in Ohio. Some of them 2000 miles away.

If they puffed up any harder their little chests would explode.

Comment

just curious does anyone on here have an actual instagram setup for this forum? maybe have link to the MR and or little how-to's with pics on IG? increase traffic that way?
                Members Ride sold...
                I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7 View Post
                  just curious does anyone on here have an actual instagram setup for this forum? maybe have link to the MR and or little how-to's with pics on IG? increase traffic that way?
                  Someone does. I do know that. In one of these facebook threads it's mentioned.

Comment

There's been a splinter group...apparently a few people who got banned started ANOTHER page and decided to rename themselves Real CB7Tuners.

You try educate these halfwit motherfuckers and they still make assumptions about one person. Whoever it is that they had beef with on the other page really make it a point to talk trash about that person.

You get away from the bullshit just to start more bullshit?

What a joke.
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                      Someone does. I do know that. In one of these facebook threads it's mentioned.
                      There is no official CB7tuner instagram. If someone is using the CB7tuner name, it is not with my permission.

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                      There's been a splinter group...apparently a few people who got banned started ANOTHER page and decided to rename themselves Real CB7Tuners.

You try educate these halfwit motherfuckers and they still make assumptions about one person. Whoever it is that they had beef with on the other page really make it a point to talk trash about that person.

What a joke.
                      That group is primarily made up of people that got banned from the real group. Kiddies that are unable to express themselves without using inappropriate slurs, largely.

This is like a bunch of kids getting expelled from school, and starting their own school instead.

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post

What a joke.
                        its funny because look at their rules

"Racers/show/daily
                        Anything and all answers you will ever need for your cb7 and any accord can be found here

1.No hate or shit talking here everyone started from nothing and eventually got to where they at now.

2.Cb7tuner.com is a great page full of good information their fb page sucks due to admins having power trips oh well..

3. No such thing as a stupid question here if you really need to be spoon fed no problem ask nicely and you will get a polite answer

4. No posts will be deleted here just keep it car related mainly accord and were good

5. Any for sale posts just include location and price please as this is not a one city based page hope to make it big with the help of all my fellow accord enthusiasts

Thats all have fun! "

they clearly break rule one as all i see on that page is people bashing Cb7tuner fb page, deev, jayson and henry. oh and most likely anyone else who defends

edit: and they break rule 4 by not keeping posts car related

Comment

lol...... The real CB7 Tuners....!

If it's the real deal why is it a closed group, shouldn't it be open to all? If it is "The real" deal. They should have nothing to hide!
                          Last edited by GhostAccord; 05-16-2015, 11:02 AM.
                          MR Thread
                          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo617 View Post
                            its funny because look at their rules

"Racers/show/daily
                            Anything and all answers you will ever need for your cb7 and any accord can be found here

1.No hate or shit talking here everyone started from nothing and eventually got to where they at now.

2.Cb7tuner.com is a great page full of good information their fb page sucks due to admins having power trips oh well..

3. No such thing as a stupid question here if you really need to be spoon fed no problem ask nicely and you will get a polite answer

4. No posts will be deleted here just keep it car related mainly accord and were good

5. Any for sale posts just include location and price please as this is not a one city based page hope to make it big with the help of all my fellow accord enthusiasts

Thats all have fun! "

they clearly break rule one as all i see on that page is people bashing Cb7tuner fb page, deev, jayson and henry. oh and most likely anyone else who defends

edit: and they break rule 4 by not keeping posts car related
                            They break rule #2 with rule #3.

Comment

Working...
                            X