Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

d4 error codes

I have done the usual trouble shooting:
    drained and fill my tranny fluid, even air pushed fluid from the radiator hoses.
    swap put my solenoids.
    check my mail relay, looks new since it was replaces 8 years ago.
    pulled the TCU, all good, nice and shinny, nothing blown or burn.
    My d4 light blinks the following codes:
    My car wont start, it just turns, till the d4 light shuts off. Then and only then will it start without any issues, it drives smooth flawless with no slipping or going into limp mode.
    As of today, I started it up today on the first crank. I let her warm up and then I tried firing up again and the d4 started to blink, and she would bot start. Waited 15 minutes and she started up again with no issues. This is very erratic. Anyone?

No way, anyone? Still waiting for feedback.

Comment

Just because you don't see anything 'blown' or 'burnt' doesn't mean that one of the capacitors hasn't leaked and is shorting out something. Since you say your d4 is flashing, that means you have a 92/93, which from the examples I've seen are typically leaking from the top right two capacitors as per Tippey's example in the link in my signature that says "DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix".
      Last edited by cloudasc; 07-09-2014, 04:11 PM.
      PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

I will check it out and post up. Thanks

Comment

I had the d4 issue before I did my 90k tune up: timing belt, water pump, crank & cam oil seals, spark plugs, wires, dizzy & rotter, a/c & p/s belts. Iac valve and intake clean, tranny fluid flush.
          I did double check the connection/wires on the solenoids, took them apart and noticed they were hook up with a kink in them, so I rerouted them so they would not be kinking or folded up weird. My d4 light still turns on, but its a lot quicker for it to stop blinking and starts a lot quicker.
          I believe Im getting there. Gonna double check my Main relay with magnifying glass to look for mini fractures. Its been two days since my car has not shut off.

Comment

D4 light came on today, its turning off once a week and I notices that it faster now for the d4 to shut off.
            I did take out my back up radio to reset the ecu.
            Don't know if this is related but when my car is running, I can hear clicking sound with in the dash board and it wont stop, Im not sure where its coming from.
            Any idea?
            Thanks

Comment

It did it again yesterday, but was able to strart up in a matter of minutes. Drove to the store today and got stranded in the parking Lott, wife had to pick me. I'm gonna read from the beginning, hoping I'm not missing something.
              Thanks

Comment

K folks, Went back to the store parking lott, car sat there for about four hours. It did not want to start, disconnected the TCU & reconnected along with pulling the back radio fuse. Only then did it start, took her straight home and park it and has not been moved since yesterday. So that is where I am at. WTF now?

Comment

Same old, same old. I have to reconnect the ecu and pull the back up radio fuse for it to start.
                  Looks like Im gonna have head over Honda Tech forum for help, this place is not what it use to be.

Comment

You can thank Facebook for that.

I'm considering shutting this forum down at the end of the year.

Comment

What a bummer, I am so anti facebook.

Comment

Everybody posts there, because the forum is "too slow". Because of that, the forum has become even slower. It's basically a ghost town around here. The information on facebook is awful, but it's fast.
                        You'd have had 18 people telling you to change your TCU in a matter of minutes on the Cb7tuner facebook group. Normally, that's a poorly thought out BS answer... but in your case, I'm wondering if it's not the solution. OR your TCU wiring, perhaps...

Anyway, yeah. It's getting to the point where there's no reason to continue keeping this place running. Few people use it anymore, and the lack of traffic is soon going to make it too expensive to keep the lights on.
                        Making an attempt to revitalize the forum over the next few months. If the end of the year approaches and it's still a ghost town, it might be time to close up shop.

Comment

dev thats sad to hear. ive missed this community. yeah im on the facebook pages but it was after i came back here after 4-5 years being out of cb7 game. i hope some of the ol g's can get this place back going. the facebook shit doesnt have all the write ups and references the site has.
                          Members Ride sold...
                          I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Nailed it, it was my main relay. This is the second one Ive have replaced since I stole my cb7 from my moms drive way nine years ago.
                            Anyways, This place is a great resource, even though I don't post up in months, I do come in and read up on great stickies. Its all about sharing the knowledge, but even that up for sale for a buck or two. Deevorgote, let us know of any updates with anticipation.
                            Thanks

Comment

I know this is an old post but if anyone has this issue the easiest way i checked my main relay was once you have the error codes just hit the main relay and the codes should go way if so then you know its the main relay. Tends to happen in hotter conditions.
                              My Member's Ride Page (Do it)

Comment

Working...
                              X