Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

another super charger question...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one I quoted is ran off the main alternator belt. They give you a huge mount bracket with all the new pulleys that bolts to the block and the included special intake manifold. I think I'm going to try and track down one of those roots JRSC kits (discontinued, it seems; last I checked, JR's old site still has it but the new one with Rotrex only features centrifugals) before I start on the all-motor build. If the clearance is too far off for my own skills/wallet, no harm, I can re-sell it on a Prelude forum and go back to my NA plans. So... 2012, keep an eye out for me in the boost section!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Wow... Ive already seen how this has gone from doing a fun little super project with a $50 blower to just buying a prelude super and working that into the engine bay. I love these ideas but i think it's going to be a little more than i can afford at the moment. Needless to say I now want to super my CB7 but i think I'll need to go find a prelude to pull a manifold off first. haha. Ya'll have got me stoked on this now! I need to get some other stuff straight on my car first but I'll be sure to try and do this in the future.
      90 LX, 270,XXX miles strong!

Comment

in all honesty, you only need the lower half and make an adapter plate for an eaton m90 which has ben converted to run CCW. it's only 4 bolts for the outlet side on the ford thunderbird superchargers.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

m90's came on alot of GM's as well.
          COUPE K24

Comment

Sorry for jacking your thread, Will, your query just got me really ramped up on supercharging again. I just love that sc whine, and to be able to hear it every day...!! I get quite a bit of nice looks with my not-so-typical-for-a-tuner deepish yet subtle exhaust note, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only person in traffic not against the idea of an aggressive little daily driver that's not 'look at me' loud! I am sorry, I feel like I interrupted the help you were trying to get, but thank you

Accord Aero-R

Comment

We don't have anyone running a supercharger on this site yet, so it would be really cool to see someone pull it off!

I actually have an Eaton M45 sitting on the floor next to me... that might someday make it to my H22. With your fabrication skills, you're in a better position than me!
              I don't have much to offer that hasn't already been said (I would NOT suggest trying to boost without tuning the ECU...) but I want to see where this thread goes!

Comment

i am in the process of trying to find a decent supercharger, once i find one i will be fabricating a setup, everyone is going with turbos on there f22's i want supercharger, and that will happen, once i find one. not to threadjack

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                  im pretty sure its not running off the timing belt because:

1: timing belts are cog drive

2. it'd be a bitch to get the right belt and to time the cam.
                  http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8...D550/ry%3D400/

take a closer look, the timing belt is extend out of the timing cover and has a pulley just like the water pump pulley that is transfering motion to another pulley that is running the s/c.

i am excited to hear about this. i saw the vids from the h22 one and was impressed. there is a member on this board that wants to do this but we have been trying figure out how to do it with have any hood clearance issues or shock tower clearance. if the op's fab skills are good he will figure out how to make it work.

but yeah tuning will be the key to keep it running.
                  Last edited by ChampCoupe; 02-11-2011, 02:42 AM.
                  MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

can you use the factory super coupe one ? i can score you one for cheap . i know its for a 3.8 ford , but does anyone know if it will work ?

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Oh no guys!!!! I went to pick up the supercharger today and as I was pulling up to the house another person was pulling out in a Civic... And well guess what he had... The supercharger. The people were going to hold it for me but that DB offered a C-note on the spot... (grumble grumble grumble...) Oh well no use crying over spilt milk. I've got some other things I need to get done first. I Looked at my rear tire today and it's more like an octogon than a circle (Time for new struts, im thinking koni yellows in the back). anyways if I do come across another super for next to nothing I'll be sure to beat the hell outta anyone who gets there before me haha im glad to see so much support for the idea and if i get my hands on one I'll def be back on here to let everyone know. Thanks guys!
                      90 LX, 270,XXX miles strong!

Comment

Originally posted by ChampCoupe View Post
                        http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8...D550/ry%3D400/

take a closer look, the timing belt is extend out of the timing cover and has a pulley just like the water pump pulley that is transfering motion to another pulley that is running the s/c.

i am excited to hear about this. i saw the vids from the h22 one and was impressed. there is a member on this board that wants to do this but we have been trying figure out how to do it with have any hood clearance issues or shock tower clearance. if the op's fab skills are good he will figure out how to make it work.

but yeah tuning will be the key to keep it running.
                        i thought it was was directly driving the pulley
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
                          can you use the factory super coupe one ? i can score you one for cheap . i know its for a 3.8 ford , but does anyone know if it will work ?
                          how cheap. i would modify it and figure out what it would take

Comment

u can pick them up for 200 dollars but will also need to be converted to CCW roatation. ive picked up a brand new magnuson mp90 for 350 off ebay. you just need to search around.
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

Sneaking by here...

I'm honestly going to try this JRSC out for myself next year (or whenever the funds come together and someone's actually selling one used; busy this year with an H-swap and some suspension), so in my research I found this delicious comment on our own site from back in '06:

Originally posted by psyphre View Post
                              I've seen this H23 SC'd CB first hand, the firewall is clearance is not an issue. the shock top and motor mount had to be trimmed/notched for belt clearance.

can't comment on the cowl issue as the car had a 93 Ascot front end conversion.

I too was under this impression it wouldn't fit in the 5th gens and assumed the 4thgens had the same issue. I am no longer under that assumption
                              I have my ESP mounts at home waiting for my H swap and they're pretty damn small compared to the stockers this H23 guy appears to be using, so I'm not so worried there. There's a machine shop in town that specializes in performance muscle cars, I know they've done supercharger work, maybe they can fab up a similar-to-original bracket for the pulleys with the problematic pulleys moved just enough to clear the strut tower. A "cowl" (hood?) clearance issue is nothing. A bulge, a scoop (hey, cooling helps!), an aftermarket hood... it's easily dealt with.

Thought I'd share. I'm not doing this just for my own gain, I want to give the greater CB community real facts about this mod in a factory CB7 front end, instead of all this apparent assumption bs. It annoys me, and it keeps people from doing things when they're so quickly shot down. Plus, I may very well be the first in the country with this chassis/engine/charger combo!

... and out the back door.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

superchargers are great for the street, torque is easily acheived especially with a f22.
                                I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                                X