Infiniti M35h. Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infiniti M35h. Thoughts?

I’m investigating the M35h as a followup to my 05 Accord hybrid, and potentially even my CTS-V. It does what the Accord does in terms of mpg, but it does so with a more luxurious package and an additional 105hp. It’s only 40hp short of my CTS-V, and runs a quarter mile about a half-second slower. Automatic only, unfortunately (well, dual clutch automated manual or some ish... no clutch pedal = automatic.)

I’ve never been in love with the final M, thinking it was rather blobby... but I’m overcoming that opinion with the promise of power, luxury, and fuel economy.

I’m curious to know what you guys think about it. I’ve only now started researching, and it won’t be for a while yet that I actually plan to sell my current cars... but I’m intrigued.

Here’s a picture:

If I recall Infiniti does not retain its value very well. If your looking for luxury then I would be more keen on Lexas
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

It’s the combination of a high powered v6 and hybrid mpg (30mpg or so) that attracts me. I initially considered a Lexus ES350 (I know, it’s a Camry... or more accurately now, an Avalon) but the M35h basically gives me an acceptable mix of what I have in both the Accord hybrid (powerful V6 hybrid getting 30mpg), and the CTS-V (powerful engine in a car from a fairly prestigious luxury brand).

My big worry is that my work commute is 35 miles each way. If I buy a $15,000 used Infiniti, 1) is it going to last, and 2) will I be foolish to put those miles on the car instead of just keeping my $4300 Accord that I specifically bought for that purpose.
      I WOULD like to be able to park a nicer car than my grandpa gold Accord with dents and a cracked bumper next to the S8, Model S, and M4 driven by the VPs they frequently Park next to me (shallow, I admit... but it is what it is!)

Comment

The wealthiest people I know (millionaires) drive a 97 single cab SR5 Tacoma, a 2008 outback and a Buick LaCrosse. I was going to say the the Lexus IS but the ES is still a decent class
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Keep the Accord...thrash on it...Toss it...profit $10.7k saved toward house work or a new car later down the road.

With the Accord, you won't care about dings and dents that are probably inevitable where you live.

Oh yeah, there will be salt in the winter. Do you *really* want to do that to the M?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
            The wealthiest people I know (millionaires) drive a 97 single cab SR5 Tacoma, a 2008 outback and a Buick LaCrosse. I was going to say the the Lexus IS but the ES is still a decent class
            Here, it's a Taurus or a Fusion. The rich have no need to show that they have money in the bank. I do chuckle at these young kids in depreciated Maseratis and Panameras though.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

That is very true. Though I think much of it is that I like to be in a ”fancy” car, more so than wanting to impress others.

Dings and dents aren’t terribly common where I live. I’m not in an urban area, and I park away from the crowd in lots. But road salt is indeed an issue, and a good point. It’s the reason I pull the Miata off the road for half the year, and why I had to replace my brake and fuel lines in the Cadillac. That’s definitely something to consider.

Comment

I didn't really like that gen of Infiniti product in general, however, the new ones are some of the best looking cars on the road IMO.

As for "luxury," how much do you really need to go to work and back?

Maybe now that you have finished your degree and have a relatively stable career with upward trajectory, you should just buy a brand new car and be done with it?

Just a thought.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Brand new means a Civic... or probably cheaper. I’m good with used for my purposes.

I’m really looking for opinions or insight on the car itself, not my intended use of it.

Though yes, if I’m going to be spending upwards of 10 hours a week in something, I’d like for it to be something I enjoy.

Comment

Them M series are nice, i am not too atracted to new or semi new cars but the other day while delivering to a local dealer i saw a Q50 that made me get off my truck to check it out; them Lexus IS250 are beautiful creatures too. Personally i would say that if i was on the market for a "Luxury" vehicle i would get either one of those two and feel at home on either one.
                    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Infinitis are fine man. They are Nissans. I sold my 350Z with 190K plus miles on it and until the G it's been the most reliable car I've ever owned

BC Racing makes coilovers for it and obviously you can put whatever wheels you want on it. That should dial out any dynamic sloppiness. And you are pretty much at the bottom of its depreciation curve. Honestly, I like it. You have me thinking about one for myself.

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        Brand new means a Civic... or probably cheaper. I’m good with used for my purposes.

I’m really looking for opinions or insight on the car itself, not my intended use of it.

Though yes, if I’m going to be spending upwards of 10 hours a week in something, I’d like for it to be something I enjoy.
                        Well OK then...

Comment

I don’t mean to be rude, but this pretty much got derailed before the car itself had ever been discussed. I’d like to hear what people think about the car, not the prospect of me buying one.

Comment

Can you even find one of these in good condition at this point? I can't imagine Infiniti sold more than a few hundred per year.

Comment

From the little I know about it, and the bit I just read, it looks pretty good on paper.

On truecar, I can only find one with 200 miles of our area and its a 2013 with 75k miles.

Asking like $18,9

That is a lot for a 2013 imo. For a bit more you can get a 2014-2017 Accord Hybrid, that looks great IMO, and might not be as fancy or flashy, but is an Accord.

Also those service lifes are rated to 10 years I believe on the battery which is why I never wanted a hybrid. Not sure how much they are, but if you're getting one that's 5 years or older, then plan for that.

Also no AWD offered. I know that I have seriously considered AWD for a DD as I commute 30 miles a day and when Im stuck in Burlington county in a snow storm and need to drive to Monmouth, its crossed my mind lol.

Though my fwd 2013 EX has handled the weather just fine I must say.

Comment

Working...
                              X