Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Aftermarket speedo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket speedo

Ok so I gave up tying to fix the speedmeter in my CB. Anybody running a aftermarket speedo? What type do I need to get?

Know nothing about aftermarket speedos, but it is pretty easy to get an OEM replacement.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
      Know nothing about aftermarket speedos, but it is pretty easy to get an OEM replacement.
      Tried that, something is messed up in the wire harness, wont work

Comment

www.summitracing.com

Anything that can tap into the coil will work.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
          www.summitracing.com

Anything that can tap into the coil will work.
          I need a speedo, not a tachometer lol

Comment

If the VSS on the Accord harness is not working, an aftermarket Speedo or any replacement for that matter, is not going to work. The problem sounds like it’s in the car not the cluster.
            5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Xhris View Post
              I need a speedo, not a tachometer lol
              Oh lol! My bad

Edit: did you ever get 12v to the yellow wire?
              Last edited by F22Chris; 05-25-2018, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
                If the VSS on the Accord harness is not working, an aftermarket Speedo or any replacement for that matter, is not going to work. The problem sounds like it’s in the car not the cluster.
                The VSS is good, it works fine in my other CB7. I want to just do away with the factory vss wire harness and run my own to a aftermarket speedo. I just need to know what kind of aftermarket speedo will work with our cars vss

Comment

There are a plethora of choices aftermarket, if you go this route you will need a speedo with electronic imputs, not cable driven. Some have auto calibration, which is nice. You can chose between digital or analog, take your pick of faces, back lighting, etc etc. Just get 1 with electronic inputs and wire it the way the instructions tell you.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Size9zombie View Post
                    There are a plethora of choices aftermarket, if you go this route you will need a speedo with electronic imputs, not cable driven. Some have auto calibration, which is nice. You can chose between digital or analog, take your pick of faces, back lighting, etc etc. Just get 1 with electronic inputs and wire it the way the instructions tell you.
                    Yeah I was just making sure that the majorty of the aftermarket electronic ones would work with our vss's

Comment

Your speed sensor could be bad. It is behind the engine on the top of the tranny. The hardest part about replacing it, is getting your hands down in there to do the work.

EDIT
                      Sorry I didn't read the other thread before responding to this one. I see you did that already.
                      ==========================
                      1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
                      1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
                      Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
                      Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
                      M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
                      Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

Use a multi-meter to make sure the power and ground on the VSS are good. Mine had a bad ground that I couldn't figure out when I did my swap, so I just gave it a new one.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                          Use a multi-meter to make sure the power and ground on the VSS are good. Mine had a bad ground that I couldn't figure out when I did my swap, so I just gave it a new one.
                          Read my other thread. I've switched VSS's, clusters, and even the fuse box. Signal wire still getting 6.6volts

Comment

Working...
                          X