Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Muffler Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muffler Questions

Im looking at getting a new muffler and tip for my '93 CB7, and i just want to ask which non-fart can mufflers do you guys have and how flush do they fit with the awkwardly shaped oval hole honda left you to fill?

Im looking at an ES Sport Tuning Muffler, but i dont know which tip will complement it, so my questions is, what do you think looks nice?

(Not looking for prices or google links, just suggestions as to which mufflers and tips to look at)

Im mainly in search of a muffler that increases noise but isnt a fart can, and a tip oval enough to fit flush in the hole. Please assist!

Invest in a good cat-back now, and you won't have to worry about mufflers. Apex'i WS2 are everything your looking for.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

If you want a cheap non-noisy muffler , get OBX SP or Tsudo SP.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Like dude said, Apex'i WS2 is pretty sexy and if you want to stick to muffler only they have that option. I've used Magnaflow 14815 (which is a dual exhaust) and the Magnaflow 14827 on previous CB's and they worked great, I would recommend them for sure.

Comment

i have a magnaflow forgot what kind but its polished i have it to my stock ex pipeing a4 motor . & i must say sounds so beautiful not loud nor quite when you step on it sounds nice` i have to make a video of it .

Comment

ive always liked how DTM tips fill the hole and protrude just enough, and it helps when backing into a parking spot, theyll slide up and over the parking block if you get that close

^-----That fitment isnt the best it could be

v-----more like this
            Last edited by illinois_erik; 03-05-2013, 09:22 PM.

Comment

I do really like what i see with the DTM tip, its the exact look i want but ill need a muffler to go with it for the noise i want, not a fart can but something to make it purr just a bit louder and a bit deeper (if possible).

Im looking into magnaflows or once again at the ES Sport Black muffler, thanks for the help guys!

Anybody have sexy tips/mufflers please share!

Comment

i picked up a wicked flow oval muffler at my exhaust shop with a newer accord looking tip. its sounds surprisingly better than i thought. now i just want my magnaflow resonator and im set.

pics and vid in my MRT
                <-- MRT

Comment

I had a Apexi ws2 on my old cd5, it gave the engine a little bit of throat without being obnoxiously loud and a slight rumble at idle

Comment

Originally posted by iamninja28 View Post
                    I do really like what i see with the DTM tip, its the exact look i want but ill need a muffler to go with it for the noise i want, not a fart can but something to make it purr just a bit louder and a bit deeper (if possible).

Im looking into magnaflows or once again at the ES Sport Black muffler, thanks for the help guys!

Anybody have sexy tips/mufflers please share!
                    glad you like the DTM style,, theres a lot of mufflers that have those. each has its own flavor to the tips spacing, length, kick up..these are part of the muffler they do have the tips you bolt or weld onto a regular muffler, which if going in that direction, a cheap turbo muffler would be quiet, flow well and have a little rumble to it and theyre cheap
                    for non fart cannage it seems to be as long as its oval about a 19" case length and not real cheap itll be alright.

This is what ive decided upon. dont forget though that you NEED a resonator upstream, im going with a SS 18 or 19" long magnaflow res and this muffler

* a catalytic converter also helps, or 2 resonators
                    they have them for a few different inlet sizes, im working with 3" now. the key is a quality resonator even if its like a 40" glasspack, even a ws2 would probably sound shitty w/o one
                    Last edited by illinois_erik; 03-08-2013, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Ai had a 30" cherrybomb as a res, magnaflow cat. I turned the glasspack around so the inner "levours" more or less going again the exhaust flow, sounded a little mellower with it flipped

Comment

Originally posted by cb7pr View Post
                        Apex'i WS2 are everything your looking for.
                        this is true
                        FRIENDS
                        DONT LET
                        FRIENDS
                        ROLL ON
                        ROTA'S

Comment

Alright guys, i seriously appreciate the aid an recommendation fornthe Apexi WS2, but my budget (because of a recent layoff) is $150, so if anyone knows about the bosal DTM:http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...a00075416.html that'd be great!

Ps: installation at a shop cost $50 so im barely able to buy this at $90.

Thanks for the help though, as an amateur at car mods, im very grateful for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                            ive always liked how DTM tips fill the hole and protrude just enough, and it helps when backing into a parking spot, theyll slide up and over the parking block if you get that close

That's what I have on my car. Cheap muffler-shop special that is now about a decade old. Fairly loud, but it looks great!

Bosal makes decent stuff, I believe. Never had any of their products myself (unless that's what mine is... I honestly don't know what brand it is.)
                            Still, a quiet system is going to need multiple resonators and a very large canister. The smaller the canister, the louder it will be. Since it sounds like you'll be retaining stock piping and resonators, that will help a bit. Of course, you'll be doing this for looks and sound only... no performance gains will come of it.

I'd suggest NOT buying from andysautosport. They've screwed a number of people on this site in the past. They're a terrible company.

Hit up your local muffler shop and see what performance mufflers they have. They might have a generic piece like mine for $50.

Comment

IMO if you're going to spend $50 get a obx muffler, not bad at all with a cat and res.

02 Crv
                              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Working...
                              X