Rear Toe Adjustment Stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Toe Adjustment Stuck

So I have the typical stuck toe adjuster on my rear drivers side. My passenger side was totally fine!

What should I do? I've read all of the threads on here already about this issue, but I'm not clear on what I should do about this? Hack it out and buy a new arm and adjuster bolt?

I couldn't really find anything OEM style on eBay, all I found was these:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Megan-Rear-L...tULer7&vxp=mtr
    So I would basically get rid of the OEM "eccentric bolt" setup, bolt those arms on, and adjust those arms to set my toe?

And what about these? Would these work the same (minus the crap camber kit)? If they don't break and kill me. http://www.ebay.com/itm/REAR-LOWER-T...5Yt11O&vxp=mtr

Thanks for the help guys!
    I'm faster then a prius

I'm a little confused. Our OEM setup doesn't have a rear toe adjuster. But what I think you are trying to say is that the bolt is stuck for the rear upper control arm? or you have aftermarket ones aready but cannot get it to adjust?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      I'm a little confused. Our OEM setup doesn't have a rear toe adjuster. But what I think you are trying to say is that the bolt is stuck for the rear upper control arm? or you have aftermarket ones aready but cannot get it to adjust?

Pretty sure all CBs have it stock. Mines stock at least, hence it being rusted stuck LOL.
      I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
        Pretty sure all CBs have it stock. Mines stock at least, hence it being rusted stuck LOL.
        So what # in the picture is your rear toe adjuster?

Comment

So what # in the picture is your rear toe adjuster?
          Here's a pic of a prelude one, looks the same on our CBs

I'm faster then a prius

Comment

As shown above, the bolt for the forward of the two rear lower control arms has an offset head on the forward end, then two flats on the aft end before the threads. The hole in the washer for the aft end matches the flats on the bolt. Both of these fit in a slot in the cross member so that when the bolt is turned it changes the position of the bolt shank (pivot for the control arm) relative to the cross member and also the position of the outer end of the control arm relative to the rear lower controls arm, thereby adjusting the toe. When the nut is torqued, the bolt should be held still to preserve the alignment setting.
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
              Here's a pic of a prelude one, looks the same on our CBs

ahh gotchya. Didn't think that was adjustable but anyways, I had the exact some one stuck last summer. If you can't get it lose via impact gun, wd40, grease, slimer goo, cursing, etc. you have no choice but to cut it out. I had to use a hacksaw and cut through the bolt on either side of the bushing. Took me about 2+ hours, it sucked a lot! Easily the worst bolt I ever had to deal with on the cb7!

Comment

ahh gotchya. Didn't think that was adjustable but anyways, I had the exact some one stuck last summer. If you can't get it lose via impact gun, wd40, grease, slimer goo, cursing, etc. you have no choice but to cut it out. I had to use a hacksaw and cut through the bolt on either side of the bushing. Took me about 2+ hours, it sucked a lot! Easily the worst bolt I ever had to deal with on the cb7!

Ah fun. I hope I can get a grinder up in there, cut that sucker off.
                What did you replace it with?
                I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Working...
                X