Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Battery/alternator/ignition issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery/alternator/ignition issue

Okay so let's get into it:
    My car did not want to start. Put a jump on it and it starts right away. Runs and drives like normal no shut offs. Replaced the battery two nights ago. Replaced alternator yesterday. Car starts like normal. Same as drivability. Now my question is how can I test with a little volt meter of the battery and alternator? Thank You for all you do!!!

Start your car and touch negative and positive of volt meter to the battery and checks your volts with load and no load. I think with load (a/c, radio, headlights on etc) close to 14? Correct me if wrong.

Comment

With a fully charged battery, it should read around 12.6v. It may read more due to a surface charge. There are six cells in a battery that put out 2.1v each.

The alternator should put out around 14v under full load (high beams, ac, hazards, etc). The average range is 13.5-15v depending on the car.

Comment

Cool

I will get reading on this and report. Thanks guys!!!

Comment

Correct voltage

So I get 12.58v on battery. Car starts every time now. Thanks guys!!

Comment

Working...
          X