Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Header recommendations (f22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

o2 bung.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

I'd like to add to this subject.

I bought a DC Sports header, which contrary to F22AChris, i'd pick anytime over Megan.

Both are cheap knockoffs, no doubt in that, but i have held them both in my hands and the welds and feel of material lacks behind of the DC Sports.

Welds on Megan sucked hard on the header i had in my hands, it could be a miss with that one though i cant say for sure, but i have welded alot in my life and i know a bad weld when i see one.

Now the DC Sports i bought was the Ceramic coated one, i had it for almost a year, fitment was/is perfect, also around the sump, there was absolutely no trouble installing it, i have also not experienced any leaks with this header and im using the seals that came with it.

I'm not crowning DC Sports at all, im very aware of the fact that both Megan and DC Sports are considered a "generic" brand, though more reputable than "Street King" headers i.e.

Now my suggestion is an entirely different story.

I'd like to say the BISI V3 Header if you had the money, and the understanding of the fact that its build to meet racing standards (Were leaks are considered "within spec"), but since there is a general unsatisfactory towards Bisi, i'd say cut the flange off of your current manifold, get a good header for the H22A and wield the flange on to that one.

Performance wise, i gained 10hp (Over the entire powerrange!) with the DC Sports manifold, Spec-D 2.5" exhaust and a H22A TB and Plenum, i'd recon that the 2.5" collector mod could get another 5hp in that basket, those are Flywheel numbers.

Currently im making roughly 160HP or 130whp'ish.
      Last edited by CB7Denmark; 04-08-2015, 04:45 AM.
      Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

hmm if were talking slice and dice, then pleasee step away from the run of the mill 421's

https://www.privatelabelmfg.com/Hond...aders_s/43.htm

The highend autosports long tube header i have fits like a glove to the block and oil pan.
        http://www.highendautosports.com/item.php?id=144

im sure an modded h header like these will need subframe clearancing though.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
          the DNA motoring header back kit I got was decent besides being bunk t304(piping) and the fart cannon and resonator. The header fit properly, never had gasket issues (but i used copper tack) and an OEM mls exhaust gasket. just had to bump the nuts again after a few heat cycles.
          Um it was 63mm mandrel bent, so a hair under 2.5" flanges were good and the hangers. After putting in a magnaflow stock cat replacement and a new muffler it was all good. If youre dropped any be prepared for the downpipe to be squashed into ovals though.
          I think I am going to try it one more time with the new gasket with copper coat on both sides. And tighten the nuts as you said after a few runs (never did that before) If I still have an issue I may just buy another one since they are so cheap, and theres the possibility that it was defective.

Originally posted by CB7Denmark View Post

I bought a DC Sports header, which contrary to F22AChris, i'd pick anytime over Megan.

Both are cheap knockoffs, no doubt in that, but i have held them both in my hands and the welds and feel of material lacks behind of the DC Sports.

Welds on Megan sucked hard on the header i had in my hands, it could be a miss with that one though i cant say for sure, but i have welded alot in my life and i know a bad weld when i see one.

Now the DC Sports i bought was the Ceramic coated one, i had it for almost a year, fitment was/is perfect, also around the sump, there was absolutely no trouble installing it, i have also not experienced any leaks with this header and im using the seals that came with it.

I'm not crowning DC Sports at all, im very aware of the fact that both Megan and DC Sports are considered a "generic" brand, though more reputable than "Street King" headers i.e.

I'd like to say the BISI V3 Header if you had the money, and the understanding of the fact that its build to meet racing standards (Were leaks are considered "within spec"), but since there is a general unsatisfactory towards Bisi, i'd say cut the flange off of your current manifold, get a good header for the H22A and wield the flange on to that one.

Performance wise, i gained 10hp (Over the entire powerrange!) with the DC Sports manifold, Spec-D 2.5" exhaust and a H22A TB and Plenum, i'd recon that the 2.5" collector mod could get another 5hp in that basket, those are Flywheel numbers.

I like the design of the DC sports header because of the two donut gaskets that seal the header to collector. Like OEM. Instead of this other weird gasket that the rest of these headers come with.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Denmark View Post

I must have gotten a shitty one, because the same year I got it, it cracked on the #2 primary, developed rust, and would not line up with the block bracket so it rattled like crazy. I sold it and got a Megan and had zero problems with it, and fitment was spot on. this was after they "addressed" the flange gasket blowing problem too, but I put copper spray on that shit anyway. To each his own, I'd be willing to try DC again if the price was right.

Comment

I've had the same DC ceramic coated header on my car since 1996. Still perfectly fine.
              ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

Does anyone know what the hell this one is? the collector on it is strange
                http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRELUDE-92-9...08808c&vxp=mtr

Comment

That's a pace setter theo

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                    I must have gotten a shitty one, because the same year I got it, it cracked on the #2 primary, developed rust, and would not line up with the block bracket so it rattled like crazy. I sold it and got a Megan and had zero problems with it, and fitment was spot on. this was after they "addressed" the flange gasket blowing problem too, but I put copper spray on that shit anyway. To each his own, I'd be willing to try DC again if the price was right.

Alright, can't argue with that.

Seems like there's a little "Hit'n'Miss" going on with Megan and DC Sports, and as i stated earlier, they are "just" reputable "generic" companies, i can't believe they do actual research and math in their production.

And i agree, the crush sealings are very nice, they can even be used again with no trouble, add a little exhaust paste ( I lack words for the proper name ) if they won't seal up 100%, granted its not the right solution, a new seal is always the way, but i have never had issues with the before mentioned method..
                    Last edited by CB7Denmark; 04-09-2015, 09:14 AM.
                    Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

Originally posted by lummieCB7 View Post
                      I've had the same DC ceramic coated header on my car since 1996. Still perfectly fine.
                      This. Except 2006.
                      90 LX (R.I.P.) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137301
                      91 EX (DD) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142483

Comment

Hi, I search a header 2.25" for F22a (euro)?
                        What's brand make with SS 304.

I look Manzo, SRS, megan ?

Thanks !

Comment

I was talking with jarrett about choosing a header for my f22a and im going to find a f22a or h23 flange and buy this header http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1723086...&ul_noapp=true take them to an exhaust shop and have them chop the h22 flange off and replace it with the f22/h23 flange

Comment

Hello,
                            The header MEGAN Racing MR-SSH-HA90 for CB7.
                            What is the final diametre ?

Thanks !

Comment

Working...
                            X