Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Troubleshooting lean condition on turbo H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well......

I installed the new O2 and started the car today. And to my surprise, nothing changed. But....... i did identify some other issues.

1. The battery was only hitting 14V with the gas pedal pressed. Otherwise it was at 10V. New alternator should be htere on the 20th.

2. I have a parasitic draw. Dam. 12.4V, which is a crap load! I must be missing something here. Unplugged the amps as the circuit breakers, alternator connections, pulled all fuses, took the stereo out, disconnected the rear fog, pulled fuses on remote door unlocks......... a little stumped on this one. I used the volt meter in-line on the negative battery post method for testing.

So I'll wait until I have a new battery and alt before i continue testing I guess..... pretty bummed out over this.

Comment

Running a parasitic draw was something I should of done long ago.....sigh.

I determined there are two items draining the battery, only found one so far. I was stumped for the good part of the day as I removed all fuses and nothing changed. Yet I know the power is being drained via the fuse box. Eventually I just disconnected whole harnesses like so....

The first drain is coming from the blue connector, and with only it connected I narrowed it down to the Condenser Fan fuse. Now the weird part is... , I don't have a condenser fan. . But I unplugged the other rad fan anyways, no change. Found the condenser fan relays, AC switch, and unplugged those. Made sure the A/C button was off, and still I have a drain coming from this fuse. A part of me wants to find the issue, but another part of me says to just leave the fuse out.

It's fuse #29 which is a wire that feeds the Fan Timer Unit control box power. The other items connected to this box are:
      - Rad fan relay -------------> to Rad fan relay
      - IGN Input ---------------> to Fuse#8
      - Cond Fan Relay Control -----> Condenser Fan relay
      - Ground -----------------> Ground
      - Collant Temp SW Input ------> Coolant temp. switch
      - Battery Input ---------------> Fuse #29
      - Ign Input ------------------> Fuse #2
      - Relay Control -------------> Condenser Fan relay

This box is is a multi function box. And I'll have to keep digging to determine which item is pulling power. I've tried unplugging the relays already and I should check the coolant temp switch ground.

Fan relays:

The other drain is coming from the 16pin white connector on the fuse box. But so far even after pulling every fuse and relay there has been no change. But I still need to pull the fuses on the other box with just this connector live. It controls the main relay, horn, hazard switch, to ECU, interior lights, etc.

I find it interesting how the fuse box by the drivers side feet gets it's power from the other fuse box. Like the fuses in the underhood fuse box don't control all the power wires going to it, some wires pass through to the other fuse box.

Comment

hopefully thats the cause of the lean condition then, if your sensors arent getting the right voltage things might be off...

Comment

I did goto to the tuners the other week. He seems to think the issue is the hondata board. I guess there's a resistor kit you can/should buy for them.

Anyways....

The battle continues. To recap it's a lean condition at idle and we have got a new alternator, and new optima yellow-top battery now. And the new O2 sensor and ECT sensor prior. I've eliminated all parasitic draws. Let's see what we have now with a warm engine...

Engine off battery voltage = 12.8V
          Engine on battery voltage = 13.1V (Hondata picks up 13.6V, still a little concerning)

I also notice the ELD never changes, and I'm thinking we should be seeing 14.5V from the battery with the car on. Is it related to my issue, not sure.

The best the car will do at this point:

The worst the car does:

Comment

A drive down the road.....

Comment

i believe the ELD slot is used for boost by gear

Comment

Originally posted by 93redcb7 View Post
                i believe the ELD slot is used for boost by gear
                Agreed. My ELD is disabled in hondata. If i can't figure anything about my next step is this.
                Last edited by Raf99; 05-01-2017, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                  Agreed. My ELD is disabled in hondata. If i can't figure anything about my next step is this.
                  its a good idea to do anyways, i had my ECU re-done with all new capacitors when i ordered it from pherable

have you opened the ECU to see if there is anything thats looks bad inside?

Comment

its a good idea to do anyways, i had my ECU re-done with all new capacitors when i ordered it from pherable

have you opened the ECU to see if there is anything thats looks bad inside?
                    No. But let's take a look.......!

Comment

Now I'm not sure what others think but I keep asking myself WTF is up with that battery voltage!?

Anywho, good news is there is no parasitic draw on the battery. It was 12.4 today. First time looking at this ECU to be honest (never wanted to void the warranty) and I thought I'd see perfection, immaculate, could eat off it!

errr. not the case.. the lid of the ECU

"Jimmy learned to solder today"..

Now I think this is just .... shipping dust. 'Sit on a shelf' dust that never got wiped off. The circuit board has no dust. But.... omg HA Motorsports. I guess that kind of works.

The imfamous C14 capacitor. Its.... not looking the best. A little hot maybe.

No, that's not camera blur

Hack job.. jeesh

Anywho. since it's out I'll get the capacitors done. I read online "don't be that idiot" where a $2 part could save you $500+

Comment

Think you need to goto youtube page to see full screen. Not sure why....

Comment

seems like your tuner may be on to something. board looks a little rough
                          Originally posted by wed3k
                          im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                            seems like your tuner may be on to something. board looks a little rough
                            Ya, board went to someone more experienced than myself. I'm sure the recommendation will be to buy a new ECU and bring it in to tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                              Ya, board went to someone more experienced than myself. I'm sure the recommendation will be to buy a new ECU and bring it in to tune.
                              shouldnt have to re-tune, your tune is stored on the hondata

Comment

shouldnt have to re-tune, your tune is stored on the hondata
                                I meant re-tune bc your car is f00ked up :P

Comment

Working...
                                X