Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INT: 98-02 ACCORD Instrument Cluster Gauge swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

me too

Member Ride Facebook
    XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
    SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
    For Sale Thread

Comment

great write-up from 4th to 6th gen

Comment

The pins on my 18 connector are diffrent from
        How you posted . Whats wrong here ?

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
        Do it once, do it right.
        Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
        Missing My
        White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
        Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

I just picked up a cluster and pigtails and will be tackling this. This looks like a just as nice, yet significantly cheaper option than a BB6 cluster.

I am not concerned about my temp and fuel not working, as they currently are not working on my CB cluster, and my car is not daily driven, so it's no big deal to me.

Comment

Right. Well. This thing is a fucking pain in the ass to install. You have to cut so much of your dash and the cluster to make it even remotely fit. I have the wiring figured out, but the fitment of this thing is just awful to get it to be able to fit inside your dash. I've spent an hour and a half just shaving and cutting things to make it sit nicely. I haven't even started to wire it up yet.

This DIY is very helpful with the wiring, but the installation part is severely lacking, so I will try and update it with better step by step procedures, because this is actually a very nice cluster once installed.
            Last edited by crazymikey; 07-14-2012, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Mine seems to be working just fine.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

yeah just spent a hour trying to get it in there myself without the wires .... i plan on bridgeing the dome over the 4 door lights but my problem right now is that mine is a d.d and i dont have any power tools didnt notice how much of the cluster area you have to shave.. is it required to take the rear protector off the back of the new one ? and does it come out after install for light upgrade as yellowcord did ? what the best tool to get rid of all the plastic to get it to fit right ?

Do it once, do it right.
                Missing My
                Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

omg this was seriously the most pain in the ass mod i've ever done. I spent damn near 6 hours installing this fucking thing. Fitment is very good. Just about looks like it should have come in this car. Sadly, I broke the clear cover bad enough that I had to completely remove it, so I now have no cover over the cluster.

Issues: Using auto cluster in a manual, the tach does not properly match the actual revs. I swear I was near redline and only reading 2500rpm. The odometer works perfectly, but the trip meter resets to 0 every time you shut it off. Either I wired something incorrectly, or this is just something to live with.

Speedo works accurately. Fuel & temp seem to work properly. Signals and high beam indicator work, seatbelt and oil pressure warning work. I disabled ABS, SRS and DRL lights since my car has none of those. All my cluster lights work and the needles light up which is a nice touch.

Wiring this is quite confusing at times, but if you take your time to read what's what and follow your wires, it is very straight forward. There are LOTS of leftover wires though. It gets confusing when you're criss crossing wires from different harnesses. Example, Harness A from the car will have wires connected to both Harnesses B and C from the new cluster and so on.

Here are some quick pics.I spent all day working on this damn thing to have it ready for a show n shine tomorrow.

Lit up and car running

I'd rate this a 12 on a 1 to 10 scale of being a pain in the ass. I'd rather do a timing belt or something than this again.
                  Last edited by crazymikey; 07-15-2012, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Good job Mike. Looks crooked though.

Is the odo correct to the mileage of your car or are those the miles of the previous vehicle?

And your car is WHOAFULLY dirty. Lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                      Good job Mike. Looks crooked though.

Is the odo correct to the mileage of your car or are those the miles of the previous vehicle?

And your car is WHOAFULLY dirty. Lol.
                      It's in there straight, but the dash bezel covers thee bottom of the cluster just below the trip and dimmer buttons on the cluster, giving it the impression of not fitting correctly. Fitment is tight all the way around, comparable to original CB cluster fitment.

The 343 000km is the mileage of the car I took the cluster from. I have no idea how to change it on this cluster.

And the filth...that is ALL from shaving, cutting and grinding my dash and the cluster to fit. The car was spotless and immaculate ready for a show n shine today, but got rained out, so I installed this instead. I keep my car clean enough to eat off the engine and carpet at any time. That's all foam dust from the dash while I was grinding out the inside of the gauge cluster opening.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                        And the filth...that is ALL from shaving, cutting and grinding my dash and the cluster to fit.
                        Holy shit!

Comment

Yeah. It hurt hacking up an original SE dash like that too.

Comment

Oh, man. Eff that. Not worth it Imo.

Comment

Nope, because now I can't put a stock cluster back in without fabricating new mounts.

I like this cluster though, it's clean, simple and nice. I think it suits the CB dash well.

I'm going to do chrome rings on this one too, and black out the auto shift pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                                Yeah. It hurt hacking up an original SE dash like that too.
                                I want to do this is the mounts glued in to the dash mine is wired up but now im stuck with 6 male ends cuz i wanted to fab a plug and play set up, would you be able to do this with a razor blade or do i need
                                Tools i understand after its done there is no going back but does the mileage roll with it , were there any probs with the temp and did u get the dome to work with it ?

Do it once, do it right.
                                Missing My
                                Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Working...
                                X