CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 01-01-2016, 07:03 PM   #1801
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Sitting here starring at the car in the garage. Realizing I want to run a power wire from the cigarette lighter light to both of the doors. To do that I need to take off the front fenders. To take off the fenders i have to remove the front bumper. To do that I need to unhook the intercooler, lights, all the wires. Also all the mudflaps and runner boards. Remove the stereo, front corner speakers and peel back the rug.

oh, and power wires to the rear doors too

Ever feel that way with you cb7 where you just want to do something so simple but have to remove so much shit.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 08:39 PM   #1802
Rilas
Gold Member

Rilas seems to have made some friends!
I totally understand that feeling. Like I want to do this 10 minute project, but have to spend an hour and a half taking shit off.
Rilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 09:36 PM   #1803
Raf99
Gold Member

Yep, 2 hours 30min later.....

Figured I'd run the door light switch wires off the cig. lighter light, as it turns on accordingly with the turn of the light switch. There are no other wires in the doors that act like this. Not sure how to run wires to the doors. The seals going from the body to the door itself seem to be pretty tight. I'll have to do some research on this.

Last edited by Raf99; 08-05-2018 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:46 PM   #1804
sonikaccord
Contributing Member

sonikaccord seems to have made some friends!
Wow...ummm a bit overkill lol.

What I would do is just fish wire through the rubber grommet on the door, then repeat for the other side. It will exit out right under the dash on the driver's side and behind the blower motor for the passenger's side.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:23 PM   #1805
Raf99
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonikaccord View Post
Wow...ummm a bit overkill lol.

What I would do is just fish wire through the rubber grommet on the door, then repeat for the other side. It will exit out right under the dash on the driver's side and behind the blower motor for the passenger's side.
ya, i tried that. Might be possible if you unhook the connection in back of the fender. I think you must be implying this as there is no way to fish a wire all the way through. & it's winter time here. Car is in storage, may as well rip it apart again and get some projects done for her.

Besides that I just remembered I wanted to install puddle lights too, as well as some door tweeters. The puddle lights I think will be 4xLED or a bar of LEDs. I'd like something functional like this. (I think having a Honda logo is corny) If anyone has any suggestions on good LEDs that would do the job, please let me know. I'd rather have a LED bar type lighting than one tiny LED or spotlight type light.

I also seen an Oldmobile the other day that had behind the door handle lights. I think it was cool but maybe overboard.

Last edited by Raf99; 08-05-2018 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-02-2016, 01:29 PM   #1806
Rilas
Gold Member

Raf use the door grommets. There is room you just have to unwrap the tape that Honda did at the factory. This is where I ran my wire tuck through. So I fit everything for the front of the body through this grommet as well as more stuff for the digital climate control. It's a pain in the ass but Sonik has the locations correct this would be your best bet.

Here is a picture of where I pulled the entire front body harness through on both sides.

I'm sure you can pull 2 or 3 wires through it.
Old 01-02-2016, 04:28 PM   #1807
Raf99
Gold Member

Yep, that's what I'm going to do. It's the bends and getting it through the door that may be a pain but obviously possible. thanks for the pic and helping out!

So I went out today and bought :
- hole saw (for tweeters)
- wire
- fabric
- LED lights

I found these new lights at a store and they solved the issue of wanting to use LEDs in the bottom light on the doors! Hoping they turn out good!

And this is the fabric I'm testing out on one door. If it looks good I'll get the rest for the other doors and the back part below the rear window.

Last edited by Raf99; 08-05-2018 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-02-2016, 07:57 PM   #1808
Rilas
Gold Member

Yea man, no problem. Glad I could help out some.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:17 PM   #1809
Raf99
Gold Member

Last edited by Raf99; 08-05-2018 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:11 AM   #1810
marcusv8thunder
CB7tuner Member

marcusv8thunder is cool... so far.
Thats a timely post. This warm and humid winter we have currently in the UK has taken its toll on the door card material in my cb. Ive twice tried to spray glue it back on but soon as it get hot inside it peels off. Hope yours doesnt. What are you using?

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED
marcusv8thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:26 AM   #1811
Raf99
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusv8thunder View Post
Thats a timely post. This warm and humid winter we have currently in the UK has taken its toll on the door card material in my cb. Ive twice tried to spray glue it back on but soon as it get hot inside it peels off. Hope yours doesnt. What are you using?
I'm just using some fabric glue I picked up at a fabric place. I once had your problem long ago and off the shelf glue was not doing the trick. I took it to a glass place and told them the story and they said "we got stuff that will do the trick, that store bought stuff is all garbage". They sprayed it on (came out of a paint gun looking device) and never had the problem again.

So maybe try a glass place and get the good stuff.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:05 PM   #1812
marcusv8thunder
CB7tuner Member

marcusv8thunder is cool... so far.
Right, interesting. Ill look that up. Thanks

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED
marcusv8thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:22 PM   #1813
Darkcloud
CB7tuner Member

Darkcloud is cool... so far.
Looking good Raf
Darkcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 08:20 PM   #1814
Raf99
Gold Member

That feeling when you are excited but think you may have gotten yourself into too much..

Last edited by Raf99; 08-05-2018 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 08:41 PM   #1815
cb9love
CB7tuner Member

cb9love is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf99 View Post
That feeling when you are excited but think you may have gotten yourself into too much..

it's just a cherry picker no need to be scared.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:03 PM   #1816
Rilas
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf99 View Post

Ditto cb9love. This just means your going to save a bunch of money on labor. It could also mean some unforeseen plans in the future?
Old 01-08-2016, 11:41 AM   #1817
Raf99
Gold Member

I've always wanted a cleaner engine bay. Weld in the holes, shave down the bumps, clean the engine up and make it shine. You know.....

But I've never removed an engine before. I don't know how to weld. And I've never painted an engine bay. Being a form of perfectionist I want it done right, which means I have to do it myself.

Welding........ oh boy. No clue where to start. But yes, I think I'm going down this path as soon as I get the interior finished.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:07 PM   #1818
Tishock
Contributing Member

Tishock is someone to admire Tishock is someone to admire Tishock is someone to admire
That's some of the best kind of excitement.

Removing the engine is not that difficult. It just takes time and you should label everything your first time.

As for welding and painting, I know the feeling. I'm about to buy a welder after A LOT of research and watching many many hours of how-to/review videos. Fortunately a friend of mine has some experience with painting/body work, so I've a got little help with that. Not sure if I'm going to go through with the engine bay since I have to practice welding first. I have to get this car done already.

Tishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:37 AM   #1819
Raf99
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tishock View Post
That's some of the best kind of excitement.

Removing the engine is not that difficult. It just takes time and you should label everything your first time.

As for welding and painting, I know the feeling. I'm about to buy a welder after A LOT of research and watching many many hours of how-to/review videos. Fortunately a friend of mine has some experience with painting/body work, so I've a got little help with that. Not sure if I'm going to go through with the engine bay since I have to practice welding first. I have to get this car done already.
Hear that. I went and looked at welders and had no clue what i was looking at. There were mini, small, medium, large, and stuff I had noooo idea about. Would be a shame to go spend $300+ on a welding kit and then someone says "ohhh, ya. Umm... you should of gotten this instead"

But yet i have others telling me that welding is easy on hondas because the metal is so thin. But for holes that are the size of a quarter, don't I need to find metal to weld in there? How large can the holes be for welding (or how small do they have to be).......
Old 01-09-2016, 07:14 PM   #1820
sonikaccord
Contributing Member

sonikaccord seems to have made some friends!
You can almost always add metal when welding. But I would do what odbweldingworks(the guy that did the v6 swap here) did and weld a plate over the large holes.

I assume you would want to do MIG welding?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: