No announcement yet.

FU Photobucket!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a feeling someone will come along with a much cheaper option for anyone that wants to use such a service, too. Someone will ALWAYS be there to fill a need, and this has created quite a need. $400/yr is crazy. $60/month ($720/yr) is absolutely batshit. For that much money, I'd buy my own server and host my own damn photos (and rent out space to others at an affordable rate.)

Comment

Right now I'm just riding out my term that I paid for.
      Finding another service that works with ebay has been an issue. Some services restrict and block them (for good reason).
      A this point a low end website with reasonable bandwidth allocation is looking to be the best solution. It'll be more expensive than what I am currently paying, but it sure as hell would be cheaper than PB's Plus 500 plan.

Deev is right, someone will come in and fill this market. If not specifically image hosting for forums. It's a market that needs filled.
      Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        I still have albums I can't download..... grrrr. Get random BS like this...

I'm in the same boat as you, although I just put every picture in one album and tried to download it. I don't know how big Ghost's and Lummie's albums were, but they were lucky to get them to download. I will try small subsets of the total...19 pages of pictures...
        *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
        ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
        ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
        "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
        The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
        Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Ya, i still can't download, not liking this.

Comment

Going individually, Right-click + Save As works.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
              Going individually, Right-click + Save As works.
              Ya, I'll do that instead. thanks

Comment

FYI, I'm reading online....

If you place the following "~original" between .jpg[/IMG] your photos will appear as they once did. This is a pain, and the only fix I can find for existing photos hosted on PB. The downside is the current error when editing original posts to make the photos reappear. TLDR: your new links should all end with .jpg~original[/IMG] and not .jpg[/IMG][/quote]

Comment

To late, I have already deleted all my images from photobucket.
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

FYI, I'm reading online....

If you place the following "~original" between .jpg[/IMG] your photos will appear as they once did. This is a pain, and the only fix I can find for existing photos hosted on PB. The downside is the current error when editing original posts to make the photos reappear. TLDR: your new links should all end with .jpg~original[/IMG] and not .jpg[/IMG]
                    [/QUOTE]

It worked for many of my newer photos, but not the old ones with a simpler link. How soon will they catch on to this and disable it?

Edit: For the old ones, I went back and simply copied the new IMG link - so far everything I've done now shows up.

Edit: The old ones that I reposted reverted to the upgrade warning. Adding the "~original" seems to work for those now as well.
                    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-02-2017, 10:02 PM.
                    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

You'll still want to use a new host, but at least now we can confirm specific photo placement

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I saw this on another forum. Someone made a google chrome plug in that will embed all the photobucket images and make them visible again. I'm sure Photobucket will find a work around, but for now people can use it to access DIY pictures.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fegnfnflicjjgj

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe View Post
                          I saw this on another forum. Someone made a google chrome plug in that will embed all the photobucket images and make them visible again. I'm sure Photobucket will find a work around, but for now people can use it to access DIY pictures.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fegnfnflicjjgj
                          But I'm assuming you need to use google chrome for pics to work?

Comment

I just logged into my Photobucket to download my albums and put on Flikr and I was bombarded with at least 4 ads every time I clicked to a new page. So much crap I could barely see enough to navigate.

I will be putting everything on Flikr and deleting Photobucket.

Edit... I cannot even download my albums. It says over and over "Hmmm. Something didn't click. Want to give it another shot? Try again now." Anyone else experience this?

What makes it even harder is all the ads. My PC keeps giving warnings from all the popups. Photobucket has turned into the Satan of image hosting...
                            Last edited by H311RA151N; 08-11-2017, 12:13 PM.

Comment

But I'm assuming you need to use google chrome for pics to work?
                              Correct

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                              I just logged into my Photobucket to download my albums and put on Flikr and I was bombarded with at least 4 ads every time I clicked to a new page. So much crap I could barely see enough to navigate.

I will be putting everything on Flikr and deleting Photobucket.

Edit... I cannot even download my albums. It says over and over "Hmmm. Something didn't click. Want to give it another shot? Try again now." Anyone else experience this?

What makes it even harder is all the ads. My PC keeps giving warnings from all the popups. Photobucket has turned into the Satan of image hosting...
                              I wouldn't trust the album downloader to begin with. I tried it and a bunch of the images were destroyed.

Comment

So this is odd, I just uploaded 52 photos to my photobucket and corrected all my old ones by adding the "~original" before the URL.

For my new ones, I don't have to add that to the IMG link. I simply copy the IMG link and they now show up!

Did PB just change their 3rd party hosting to allow for it now? or am I missing something?

But either way, I'm happy my MR thread is back up and running. Check it out, I added a crap ton of new stuff!

For instance here's a new photo I just uploaded using just their IMG link:

EDIT: Still had to use the stupid ~original at the end of each link

Last edited by Losiracer2; 08-15-2017, 12:54 PM.

member's ride thread
                                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                                91 Accord SE 176k
                                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                                X