No announcement yet.

af_1132 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, this is a long awaited update. I could not get to it since I needed to get ready for the next school year. Now that the first few days are behind me, I can relax a little.

First things first:

What a magical day, the best day of my life for sure!

Next, I updated my S300 calibration with launch control. I first went with a 3800 rpm cutoff and 3650 rpm activation, but was getting too much wheel spin at the track. So, I then decided to lower both thresholds to 3600 rpm and 3450 rpms, respectively. Combining this change with street tires on the front, I got some results that I am proud of:

Best 60' to date: 2.151

Five of my runs broke my previous record, and a little wheel hop didn't hurt things:

Best run to date, made possible by cooler temperatures (70's instead of 90).

The time slips will follow.

I also snagged some awesome axles from Kai. I had my eye on these for months!

Driveshaft Shop 400whp axles for H trans.
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Nice! How deep into 4th are you at the traps? I'm just about RIGHT at the top of 3rd, considering an H-trans but not sure if the extra shift would hurt or help. I'm sure the tighter 2-3 would nice though. MY car has a wagon trans, so it already has a 4.266FD.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

I'm glad all the stuff I painted under your hood is holding up.
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisnick View Post
          Nice! How deep into 4th are you at the traps? I'm just about RIGHT at the top of 3rd, considering an H-trans but not sure if the extra shift would hurt or help. I'm sure the tighter 2-3 would nice though. MY car has a wagon trans, so it already has a 4.266FD.
          At the trap, I am at about 5250. How is your lower power band? If things pick up around 4k, then you should make the swap, since I am dropping into 3rd above 4k with the H trans from a 6k shift.

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
          I'm glad all the stuff I painted under your hood is holding up.
          Nice to hear from you. Yes, it is all holding up well. People loved it at the car show, even though almost no one knows .02 about what they are looking at!
          I hope all is well with you, my friend.

MRT
          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Having some issues nothing prayer cant fix.
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Congrats on the wedding, sir, and keep moving forward with the car!

Comment

Congrats on the wedding bro. Glad to see you getting closer to the 14's.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Congrats. Also good to see Kai's axles found a good home. Those are some awesome results from the track.

Comment

Those are some nice pulls. What track was this at? Congrats on the wedding too.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                    MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Wow, this is some great lovin' from the community.

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
                      Congrats on the wedding bro. Glad to see you getting closer to the 14's.
                      Thank you. I'm pretty sure I got suckered like our friend from Denmark on this lvl 2 cam, and running Bisi Springs is only making things worse. I might need to beg for your custom regrind specs like a golden retriever under the dinner table so I can compare them with the Delta 272. I think I have a stock F22 cam right now.

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                      Congrats. Also good to see Kai's axles found a good home. Those are some awesome results from the track.
                      Thank you. I am so excited to have these now, even though they will sit until I actually make a lot more power, haha. Gary and Chris gave me a few ideas to try at the strip, and they actually negated the need to use MT street radials. I won't be using those things again for some time. I just don't need them at this point.

Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post
                      Those are some nice pulls. What track was this at? Congrats on the wedding too.
                      Thank you. Dude, this is the track I want you to race at and told you about last year! It's Sonoma Raceway, formerly known as Infineon Raceway. Duuuude, next summer, norcal meet AT THE TRACK on a Wednesday night! They have a HUUUUGE drifting meet as well. It's grown bigger than the drag crowd.

MRT
                      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Oh yeah, I thought that track looked familiar. Actually Infineon raceway was formerly know as Sears point, and I think it was called Sonoma raceway before that. I will always know it as Sears point though. Just like Candlestick was always candlestick to me.

This past weekend I went to RaceWorz at Sacramento. I gotta admit it really has me thinking about making a few passes down the track to see where I stand. I went to show my car in the car show portion of the event. If you ever get a chance FFC and CAM org hold a few events. They're really a good group of friends just like us CB guys except they primarily CD guys. Anyways you should come out to some of the events they hold. I can let you know when they take place if your interested.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015

Comment

Yes, please let me know about the next FFC meet. I also heard Norcal peeps are thinking of hosting another Heather Farms meet.

When I was a kid, it was always called Sears Point, then it became Infineon Raceway, and now it's Sonoma Raceway. I wish the name wouldn't change so stinking much!

Anyway, yes, time for you to do some passes. They have Wendesday night drags into November.

MRT
                          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

I would but my Tranny is beat. I need to swap the sedan already so I can pull the trans for my coupe. H22 trans with the F22 is not a bad combo.

There's an event coming up soon in Sacramento, I think. I'm not too keen on the specifics, just that it might be happening.

The Caravan 2015

Comment

Good news, guys.

Innovative Mounts got their hands on a CB somehow, and have added our car to the list of applicable chassis for their traction bar. The best part for us is that they now have an optional front torque mount bracket in the works. They will also have a hi-torque front mount as an option soon, but I'm covered there already.

MRT
                              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

It's official.

This car was just registered as PNO (planned non-operation) and will transition into a trailer "queen", more like gremlin. This will allow me much more freedom to shed pounds by removing other systems and components I don't need, as well as focus on getting the most out of this engine's flow capabilities.

A very special member has agreed to help me long distance, and with his hands in the mix, this car will go far beyond what it is now.

Time to start the engine tear down!

MRT
                                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Working...
                                X