CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 05-06-2011, 02:14 AM   #1
NVCB7
Newcomer

NVCB7 is cool... so far.
Cool what is the best turbo size for an f22a1-a6?

i was wondering if anybody knows the perfect size of turbo for the f22a6?
NVCB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:29 AM   #2
Shadow1992
CB7tuner Member

Shadow1992 is cool... so far.
Thats a pretty broad question. It would depend on what you are looking for. Ease on installation? Cost? Max power? Quick Spool? One of the most popular turbos is from DSM cars. Relatively easy to install and cheap, and sized enough to give some power while still keeping driveability decent.
Shadow1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:45 AM   #3
NVCB7
Newcomer

NVCB7 is cool... so far.
yeah dsm is cheap but i want power and driveability i mean i dont want a small dsm turbo they are tiny. I want to know whats a good turbo setup like size?
Old 05-06-2011, 02:54 AM   #4
turboAccordHSF
CB7tuner Member

turboAccordHSF may have said something they shouldn't have...
DSM turbos are not tiny at all!.....only the T25 would be a little smaller than the 14b, But the 16g or big 16g are almost perfect for the low comp SOHC F22A you have. I been yet to see a 20g on a cb7 F22 powered but most basic setups are t3/t4OE. Now the hybrid t3/t4 is a big turbo not too big for the F22 or anything just bigger than even the BIG EVO 3 16G turbo.

it depends on what suits you best....fast spooling(personally street)

Or Full Top end performance.....(Drag and track times)

spooling fast may be great on time attacks/auto cross

If i would want to boost a f22 a would go EWG(External wastegate) and have a big 16 housing ported and machined to fit a 20g compression wheel and keep the 16g exhaust housing side only which introduces the Big B-A-S-T-A-R-D 20G which spools like no tomorrow....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
.......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.
turboAccordHSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:04 AM   #5
NVCB7
Newcomer

NVCB7 is cool... so far.
t3/t4 turbonetics turbo, Compressor: T04E 50,Turbine: Stage 2 (54mm),Turbine A/R: .48
you think one of these hybrids is good then?

http://www.turbochargers.com/store/p...oducts_id/1578
Old 05-06-2011, 03:18 AM   #6
turboAccordHSF
CB7tuner Member

turboAccordHSF may have said something they shouldn't have...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVCB7 View Post
t3/t4 turbonetics turbo, Compressor: T04E 50,Turbine: Stage 2 (54mm),Turbine A/R: .48
you think one of these hybrids is good then?

http://www.turbochargers.com/store/p...oducts_id/1578
Good choice of a turbo, but can your motor handle the power?..

a healthy stock motor would even blow with a turbo like that and no work put into internals....

maybe for efficient power and reliable strength you should look into Camshafts and head work follow by some bottom end work, the perfect tuning right size injectors and you can find the right setup then your golden. But after 300hp traction becomes an issue.

Theres still alot of research left like transmission work, If i were you i'll look more into it and then decide which turbo to go with but for now try studying on N/A and maintain the F22A6 currently in your cb7

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
.......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.
turboAccordHSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:10 AM   #7
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
To be quite honest... this is one of those questions that, if you can't answer it yourself, you probably don't know enough to safely boost your engine.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #8
NVCB7
Newcomer

NVCB7 is cool... so far.
yeah im just asking around tho for future references and for maybe some suggestions (:
Old 05-06-2011, 07:26 PM   #9
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
It depends what your goals are, and how you plan to use the car... also, how much money you want to spend.

The 14b will work just fine for a fairly low-boost setup, and it will be the most cost effective.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
turbo

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: