CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 02-10-2012, 03:15 AM   #21
1995accordlx
Newcomer

1995accordlx is cool... so far.
any ideas?
1995accordlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:46 AM   #22
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
How much PSI it holds? Dude... if you don't know what you're talking about with turbo, stop right there and start doing some research. If you're "in the process", just stop until you actually know what you're doing.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #23
Ander
CB7tuner Member

Ander is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to Ander Send a message via MSN to Ander
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
How much PSI it holds? Dude... if you don't know what you're talking about with turbo, stop right there and start doing some research. If you're "in the process", just stop until you actually know what you're doing.
What is stock boost on the 14b, does anyone know off the top of their head?
Like what is the stock internal waste gate set to open at.

Idk if that's what that guy was asking but I'm curious now, lol.

Member's Ride Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyboy View Post
I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!
Ander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #24
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/bolt...turbo-psi.html
That link says a bit about it... I'm linking to it moreso because I really like how they do things there.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #25
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

What?

Old 02-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #26
ric3rboi23
CB7tuner Member

ric3rboi23 seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to ric3rboi23
lol i went through this thread and it was all good, very good talk, then this guy shows up.

a turbo doesnt hold anything. the wastegate regulates the psi, and stock turbos often come with internal wastegates. deev was just trying to help you brehh

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^
ric3rboi23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #27
92smokeaccord
CB7tuner Member

92smokeaccord seems to have made some friends! 92smokeaccord seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb7brehh View Post
I take my words back . But just tryna learn that's what this site is about right ? I know the wastegate is ware you can mess w the psi but I tought after saying 15psi n the turbo can only take so much like 10 before it destroys ? . Jus wana learn that's it .
i think what you mean is how much boost the turbo is capable of putting out.the 14b turbo is capable of is 20 psi be for it starts to over heat itself from spinning to fast.

my new turbo build
92smokeaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #28
92smokeaccord
CB7tuner Member

92smokeaccord seems to have made some friends! 92smokeaccord seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb7brehh View Post
Thank you sooooo much u answer what I was tryna ask . Guess ppl took it the wrong way .
you'r welcome

my new turbo build
Old 02-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #29
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

It's hard to take anything any way when you type like that. Please type like a human being.

The turbo doesn't 'hold' pressure. 92smokeaccord is right that it will eventually fail if it spins too fast. A stock F22A will blow up with far less than 20psi from a 14b.

I assume that's what you wanted to know, correct? How much the engine itself can take?
THIS is why I told you that you need to learn something before you continue building. I could imagine that somehow, by some miracle, you actually managed to install a turbo and get your car running... then blow it to shit in 2 days by boosting it to 20psi because that's what you THOUGHT was the correct answer to your nearly unintelligible question...

But hey... I'm a "di*k". Good luck to you.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #30
92smokeaccord
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
It's hard to take anything any way when you type like that. Please type like a human being.

The turbo doesn't 'hold' pressure. 92smokeaccord is right that it will eventually fail if it spins too fast. A stock F22A will blow up with far less than 20psi from a 14b.
yes the f22a is a war horse for broken ringlands..that motor could blow at 5psi or 15psi,could blow 10mins after install or 10 years.also depends on the tune and tuner.you could spend all the money to get the setup and everything but the motor will be your bottle neck..on a stock f22a you can probably see 200whp all day everyday.i also want to say its about miles as well..how many miles are on the motor you plan to boost?

my new turbo build
Old 02-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #31
KeeleDesign
Contributing Painter

KeeleDesign seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via Yahoo to KeeleDesign
Misconceptions are flying around.

Remember when speaking of PSI it differs for every setup.

Example:1
My car came stock with 1.5" intercooler lines. a fairly small TB a super small intake manifold and ports, the valves were decent sized for all those things. My car handled lets say 30 psi lets say thats with my tdo6 20g turbo setup. This setup may only push 32lbs a min at max.

Since this time, my intercooler piping is now 3.5" my FMIC is now huge and 3" thick, my TB is now nearly twice the size it was, with a larger intake manifold and bigger ports, the valves have been oversized to handle the increased airflow. This setup is allowng to push 49lbs a min at the same 30 psi on the same turbo.

You can see that pressure is produced from the turbine to the valves, anything in between the two creat varaibles for the effeciency of the turbo. With my new setup i could easily run 32lbs a min a 19 psi... A bottle neck causes higher boost pressures, because the air is restricted. It's like blowing through a straw or blowing through a radiator hose, one has more velocity and one has more airflow. The more velocity creates a great deal of power and throttle response, but more air causes more fuel to burn creating a ton more power in the mid and top end with more lag.

So the breif understanding of this, may help you decide to make your piping similar to dsm's stock form, even then the F22 has a much larger TB I think, I know the H22 does, and it's intake ports and much better designed than a DSM allowing for better combustion. Thus causing a 7 psi in a f22 to outrun a dsm with the same 7 psi with all identical parts leading to the TB.

Last edited by KeeleDesign; 02-12-2012 at 01:54 PM.
KeeleDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #32
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

The 4G63 is also a smaller engine in terms of displacement. The overall amount of air the engine displaces affects the function of the turbo as well. .2L isn't a huge difference, but there IS a difference.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #33
KeeleDesign
Contributing Painter

KeeleDesign seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via Yahoo to KeeleDesign
I did forget that as well. In the forced induction world .2 of a stroke is alot. It'll allow a larger turbo to spool faster at a lower rpm.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #34
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

And a smaller turbo to reach its limit sooner (which, with too small of a turbo, will be detrimental... such as a t25 on an F22A)

Tags
dsm , eagle talon , stock turbo , turbo

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: