CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Swaps

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-05-2016, 02:30 AM   #41
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Straight Success seems to have made some friends! Straight Success seems to have made some friends!
Okay, is there anyone in the Los Angeles area who's willing to lend a hand with the complete tear down of a black '93 Accord EX coupe and '94 Chevy Caprice (just the drive train/and ECU system run everything: engine/transmission/drive shaft/entire rear).

I can provide food/water/beer if you like/and garage space (roughly 1000 sq. ft.) I will be keeping all parts, so I plan to keep this very organized.

Yes, I'm aware I will need a custom drive shaft and other components.

Were going automatic people, but no column shift.

Last edited by Straight Success; 01-05-2016 at 02:33 AM.
Straight Success is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 06:18 PM   #42
Tishock
Contributing Member

Tishock is someone to admire Tishock is someone to admire Tishock is someone to admire
Do you have a schedule in mind? If you dont mind help from a novice, I'd be happy to help. I'm just waiting on parts before sending the engine out to be worked on. So I have some free time.

Tishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:53 PM   #43
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Straight Success seems to have made some friends! Straight Success seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tishock View Post
Do you have a schedule in mind? If you dont mind help from a novice, I'd be happy to help. I'm just waiting on parts before sending the engine out to be worked on. So I have some free time.
Definitely. I'm going to need all of the extra man power I can get.

I do have a tentative schedule already, so I can fill you in with everything. I'll PM you my number, and if you need a ride (whenever you're free), I can come pick you up.

I'm currently making plans to move to Long Beach, and man is it expensive. Where're talking anywhere from $375k to $500K+.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:34 AM   #44
Accrdwgnguy
Contributing Member

Accrdwgnguy seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to Accrdwgnguy
If you have to use a low output engine to keep from tearing the car up, then what is the point of this project? To say you did it but end up with a car you can't really use?
Accrdwgnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:58 AM   #45
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
If you have to use a low output engine to keep from tearing the car up, then what is the point of this project? To say you did it but end up with a car you can't really use?
It's to establish a base line.

A base line will be needed to move forward to see how the chassis and car will behave. Do you know where I can find this data? I currently don't, so I need an idea of what I can and can not do once an engine is in. If I use a 4.3L L99, with some reinforcements to the chassis, and it holds up well, then this will help me gain and understanding with data how to proceeded (go bigger or smaller in power). How do you think cars in the the 70's and 80's knew they needed frame connectors to stiffen up the chassis for powerful muscles cars?

This idea is to build a functioning RWD car, and not to just say it can be done. It's to pull up next to a Charger or a Pony, mashed the gas, and look at the other driver's face when the rear lights up while I take off past him. It will also showcase what I'm capable of, and possibly the attention, notoriety (as people will criticize why?), and grants that it may bring...

Similar to this:

Last edited by Straight Success; 01-06-2016 at 12:05 PM.

Tags
cb7 , drive , rear , rwd , wheel

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: