CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > 4th Gen-eral > Other Automotive > Other Automotive Members Rides

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-13-2015, 05:33 PM   #21
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Wolf View Post
you dont get messed with for no front plate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgGT View Post
Not in the near two months I've been driving and passing cops. It's too often that I see Corvettes and other vehicles without the front plate, so I decided to take my chances. I don't even keep it in the cab. Front plates are ugly
So it's been three years, pretty much to the day, since I bought the car and immediately removed the front license plate, and yesterday I finally got pulled over for it. No ticket, just a verbal warning. It's been this long, I'm definitely not putting the thing on.
CyborgGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 06:18 PM   #22
cb9love
CB7tuner Member

cb9love is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgGT View Post
So it's been three years, pretty much to the day, since I bought the car and immediately removed the front license plate, and yesterday I finally got pulled over for it. No ticket, just a verbal warning. It's been this long, I'm definitely not putting the thing on.
Was it a officer in your local area? If so he may remember you and your car better than you may expect, especially since he has now taken note of it.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:26 AM   #23
Night Wolf
CB7tuner Member

Night Wolf seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to Night Wolf
I did hear that they ticket more often in the denver metro area.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)-01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan-(CURRENT)
Night Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 10:10 PM   #24
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb9love View Post
Was it a officer in your local area? If so he may remember you and your car better than you may expect, especially since he has now taken note of it.
Next town over, on the highway.
Old 03-09-2016, 04:51 PM   #25
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

The H22 is on hold almost indefinitely now. And buying another car that needs work (I was hoping to get a CB9 by summer) feels like a step in the wrong direction. It sucks, but it's the way things have to go sometimes. The RSX is coming up on 200k miles and it needs a bunch of work to stay on the road, so I'm putting everything into that right now.

So, the plan of attack...

The suspension really crashes and pops over potholes and bumps, and the wheel hop is getting worse. New engine mounts helped a bit, but they weren't the only problem. First, I've got Energy bushings sitting around that need installing. This weekend I'm picking up spare control arms so I can swap the bushes out and still be mobile if my terrible luck rears its head on the install.

The strut mounts on these cars have bushings and bearings that are known to wear out and cause problems, and the dampers feel like they're getting a bit bouncy. Rather than put the effort into rebuilding the stock suspension, I'm going for Mugen's Sport Suspension coilovers. Aside from the obvious improvements, one added benefit to these is that they alter the steering arm to help with the bump steer these cars are known for. While not adjustable, they'll give me a very streetable drop that still looks great... and with a drop, this car's inset wheels would look goofy without spacers.

Lastly, some basic fluid changes. The trans needs some Genuine Honda oil in it, and I'm wanting to have a shop change the coolant and brake fluid for me. I'll probably get some braided steel brake lines for them to install for me at the same time.

While I'm at all this, there are a bunch of detail pieces the car could use. New door mirror, fender clips, a missing interior trim piece. I found a parts car in the same color I may rob some body parts off of to save on the eventual respray this car badly needs. A/C could use repairing. It's about time I had my resonator removed to go with my Magnaflow muffler.

It feels like I'm finally ditching the Accord game with all this work ahead of me, but I'm sure it'll pay off once it's all over with and I can attack a new CB project with complete focus.

Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-09-2016 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 01:18 PM   #26
Rilas
Gold Member

Rilas is cool... so far.
It'll feel great to know that your DD is up for the task for a long time to come once you've gotten all of this done. It does suck though to have to put on hold the Accord project once again. But isn't that the way life goes sometimes. Hey at least your still getting to put some fun stuff on the RSX, so it's not all bad in that respect.
Rilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 01:32 AM   #27
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

Bought myself a b-day present...

Everything is already there with these things, so install should be a breeze.

Old 06-03-2016, 07:58 AM   #28
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

Installed, and golly are these puppies amazing! Seemingly endless grip, it makes me wonder if the CB could even get this tight in the corners...

It badly needs wheel spacers now. The impression of inset was just made worse.

*ED. - I put the wing back on right after the coilover install. They're now probably as settled as they ever will be.

Last edited by CyborgGT; 06-08-2016 at 10:47 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:11 PM   #29
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

I really suck at this game.

Bought the Energy bushings forever ago and finally dropped off at least the front control arms at a shop to have them do the work. Second, I'm seriously hating the stock seats, and there's a full set of clean '05-06s on Craigs for a good price (looked around for reviews, and several people say the improvement in comfort is night and day), so I'm probably going to pick those up this weekend if they don't sell. And to top it off, the clear coat on my hood is wrecked. Saw a rattle can product (2K Clear or something like that) on YouTube that looks to provide pretty good results for a DIY, so I want to take care of that before the damage spreads too much further.

Could have just about paid for pistons or cams for the H, for example, for what I've got wrapped up in frankly unnecessary mods for this car. But hey, which car is running? And now with winter coming up, I'm wanting to get some dedicated snow tires for the 16" wheels pretty soon. I've always soldiered on with all-seasons but I think, now that I have two sets of wheels, I'm done with having no traction pulling out from a stop.

Anyway, photos from the last few months...

Old 04-24-2017, 08:53 PM   #30
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

Just went for a drive...

^ The Stanley hotel, as featured in The Shining!

Old 04-24-2017, 09:39 PM   #31
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

Crankshaft is cool... so far.
Send a message via Yahoo to Crankshaft
I have multiple compliments for you my dear sir:

1. That is a very good looking RSX you have there, not too wild but just perfect.

2. Photography is amazing, every shot is well taken and captivating.What camera you used?

3. That seems like a nice place to fish in, that stream screams fly fishing and not to mention the lake.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:13 AM   #32
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

It's just a Galaxy Camera 2, lol. And thanks!
Old 05-07-2017, 10:54 AM   #33
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

Got Mugen solid front strut and rear "mid" bars. Second-hand, of course; they're discontinued.

Old 05-07-2017, 11:07 AM   #34
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Those welds look sweet, looks like a good product!

You're in the same boat as me with your DD. My 04 TSX with 160,000miles. Great car!! but now needs work. Can't spend $ on new cam gears for the cb7 when I spend on the Acura. $1200 for tires, had to adjust the slave cylinder as I know the clutch is getting old. The suspension, well you can hear it. The wind noise on the drivers side door. The drivers side seat ... the sloppy gear shifter, worn brakes.

It never ends

The good news is it's not a ford
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 12:01 PM   #35
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

Yup. I hit 200k recently, so maintenance is what I'm after now. I only got the bars because a friend is selling his RSX, so I took advantage. The car could use probably all fluids, timing chain, water pump... I'd just rather do it all now than risk getting stranded.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:25 AM   #36
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

Went back to Estes Park, this time with some friends. We also went through another canyon I hadn't driven before.

... and yeah, winter is still lingering here.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:30 AM   #37
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

I just got done installing a new VTEC solenoid. The car was throwing a code for either that or the oil pressure switch attached to it. It's rare for those things to fail, so it could have just been a clogged filter, or the fact that the gasket was leaking. I did have an oil pressure switch on the transmission go out on me a while back. But since the car's got 203,000 miles I just replaced the whole thing. Peace of mind. Painted the heat shield high-temp black to help against corrosion, but in hindsight I should have shot the entire solenoid in high temp clear to preserve its new appearance. Oh well. Nice and easy job, and wasn't too expensive.

Last edited by CyborgGT; 06-04-2017 at 07:33 AM.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:56 AM   #38
oneoffaccord
Accord of the Month: November 2006

oneoffaccord seems to have made some friends! oneoffaccord seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to oneoffaccord
crazy that its spring and it still seems like winter
oneoffaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:10 AM   #39
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneoffaccord View Post
crazy that its spring and it still seems like winter
You still getting snow in NY, too? It might bother me if snow-covered mountains weren't so beautiful.

These last few days, I've just been wishing my a/c worked, haha.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:01 AM   #40
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

My hood's clear coat keeps getting worse, so I finally tried to DIY it. It's not perfect, but considering I attacked this thing with sand paper, rattle can clear, more sand paper, and two stages of soft compounds, I'm pretty proud of the hours I put in. It's still looking a bit dull around the lock shown, so that could do with going over with the soft compounds again.

Note that I only worked on the driver side of the hood, just to see how well I could do. You can see the radiator vent is still rough; I went over everything from the bottom of that vent lip over. I'll get around to the rest later now that I know I can actually improve it and have it hold out until I can afford a real Mugen hood.

The passenger side, to show how bad the flaking is. The same body line on the driver side was just as bad, as well as the edge of the hood running along the driver side fender:

Driver side as it sits right now:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: