Door handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door handle

91 coupe - All of a sudden the interior handle wont let me open the door. The power locks has never worked since I had it. I have opened the wagon panel and seen the bar to the pull lock. Is there a similar bar to the door jam lock? Or is it to the push-pull lever? The outside handle does work. Divers' side

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
    New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
    My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

If you unscrew the handle there should be a bar that looks like a the letter L laying face down. It should fit in a hole or notch in the handle, so when you pull the handle the bar will get pulled also. If the plastic piece that holds the ''L" bar is broke you can pull it by hand until you go to a junkyard and get a new handle.

Comment

Ah..that notorious little white clip! I know that piece well. Thank you. I was just curious since I did my wagon windows and they have that bar connected to door pull lock (and the handle with the clip) but the coupe has no lock except the push one. Ok won't learn it unless I open it up....thanks again.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
        Ah..that notorious little white clip! I know that piece well. Thank you. I was just curious since I did my wagon windows and they have that bar connected to door pull lock (and the handle with the clip) but the coupe has no lock except the push one. Ok won't learn it unless I open it up....thanks again.
        Your welcome, when mine broke I drove around for a week just pulling that bar until I could find a handle.

Comment

Well lucky for me it's my son's car and I have the wagon to drive around. But since he went out of the country till late Nov., and I have no extra parking place, I have to start and move it or get it ticketed and ultimately towed. After I park, I just open the window and open the door from the outside handle.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Took off the handle and expected to see the bar out...it wasn't but the part it pulls on the door handle is completely snapped near the springs. Time to get another one... maroon. Anyone have 91 coupe drivers side?

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Pm me if anyone has 91LX coupe maroon drivers' side door handle with power lock

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Originally posted by EXCoup View Post
                Your welcome, when mine broke I drove around for a week just pulling that bar until I could find a handle.
                me too!

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

This is the cheapest I've found them anywhere. https://www.tnaautoparts.com/ I'm very happy with the pair I just bought for my own coupe, unhappy that the right color (beige) was almost twice as much as other colors. I ended up buying a pair of greys, they fit fine, are BRAND new and were less expensive that anything on ebay I could find. Just make sure you're ordering the right one! I almost ordered two different colors because they have them listed in no particular order.

Comment

Yes i saw that company on E-bay ..wanted $15. Not a bad price. I also found another place but the listing ended. I'm sending them a question to see if they will still offer it and as luck would have it they are located here in LA so I might be able to just pick it up...might. Hope I can and get it done today. http://www.ebay.com/itm/300599915339...ht_2800wt_1282

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Working...
                    X