photo contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

photo contest

im thinking about discontinuing it due to lack of participation. Pls. plead your case as to why i should keep it up
    yes
    86.96%
    no
    13.04%
    So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

i say put it off till people show more interest...

"Tucking tires and wires."
    The Chronicles.

Comment

we should still have it....the last one nobody was into it cuz it was 2 long...
      MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by samuri88 View Post
        we should still have it....the last one nobody was into it cuz it was 2 long...
        exactly. i personally enjoy these...

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
        My Ride thread
        Flickr
        Originally posted by d112crzy
        And it can only get better. That's the best part.
        All I gotta really say is:
        People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u View Post
          exactly. i personally enjoy these...

Comment

Originally posted by samuri88 View Post
            don't get me wrong.... i meant i personally enjoy all the photo contests, not this 2-month long one

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
            My Ride thread
            Flickr
            Originally posted by d112crzy
            And it can only get better. That's the best part.
            All I gotta really say is:
            People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

yes we still need them. its a lack of people knowing. thats why they arent popular, spam every catagory and let everyone know about it
              Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
              Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
              Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
              Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                yes we still need them. its a lack of people knowing. thats why they arent popular, spam every catagory and let everyone know about it
                x2

Comment

I personally think its great. Its just the lack of participation thats the problem. This is a great way for some friendly competition, criticism and critiques. It just helps those who participate to better their photographic skills. I say keep it going.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                    there is always hundreds of people viewing the contest topic thread and viewing thread, even if multiple people view the thread. there is still that lack of interest.

you guys do bring up good points, people do enjoy looking at the pix but thats as far as it goes. not all actually would like to participate.

people know it exists most of the guys on the forum surf on to this section to look at pix because quite frankly all the bombass pix in the forum are in this section esp at the photography thread.

the last one was lengthy because i was out of the country and i would like more people to participate thus giving them more time. in the past people were like oh crap forgot about this or was to busy. the lengthy two months and being summer shouldve allowed more to participate but in fact it wasn't.

i personally would like to continue this, but amount of work i put in is not worth it. yea its easy but its pretty time consuming. not to mention 85%-90% of the pix i got were from point and shoots, not from dslr's. which is fine but it would be great if there were equal dslr users who join
                    So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

nghtrydr23, i believe that as a photography forum moderator it is your duty to put in the time to make this work. Its what Deev and many other mods do to make this entire place run as smooth as it does. Yes, it is very time consuming, i understand that, but Deev and other mods also have lives and jobs and somehow make it work. It is one of the responsibilities you take on when you become a mod. Nothing personal, but if you feel overwhelmed by all the responsibility that comes with being a mod maybe its not the thing for you. Also, so what if most of the pics came from point and shoots. It is a photo contest so as long as the picture was taken with a camera, be it an DSLR or a disposable film camera it should count and be included. Not everyone can afford an DSLR but many still want to learn and pursuit photography. Many of us need to realize that a camera is just a tool and the person behind is the one that takes the pictures. Its all about the message you want to convey with the photo.
                      The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
                      Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
                      Check out my JDM F22B swap
                      Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Originally posted by cb7wagonPL View Post
                        nghtrydr23, i believe that as a photography forum moderator it is your duty to put in the time to make this work. Its what Deev and many other mods do to make this entire place run as smooth as it does. Yes, it is very time consuming, i understand that, but Deev and other mods also have lives and jobs and somehow make it work. It is one of the responsibilities you take on when you become a mod. Nothing personal, but if you feel overwhelmed by all the responsibility that comes with being a mod maybe its not the thing for you. Also, so what if most of the pics came from point and shoots. It is a photo contest so as long as the picture was taken with a camera, be it an DSLR or a disposable film camera it should count and be included. Not everyone can afford an DSLR but many still want to learn and pursuit photography. Many of us need to realize that a camera is just a tool and the person behind is the one that takes the pictures. Its all about the message you want to convey with the photo.
                        I don't think he was trying to imply the fact that there shouldn't be any P&S users. I believe he is trying to say that there should be an equal amount of DSLR users. This contest is time consuming, I'm sure Aaron [nghtrydr23] knows that. Thats not the issue. The issue is the amount of participation to the contest. I feel that most people either are too lazy too, don't have a camera, feel their picture is not worthy, or just don't have the time amongst many other reasons why there is not many participants.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

we should have photoshop contest those were sweet and entertaining

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post
                            we should have photoshop contest those were sweet and entertaining
                            NO. its not considered photography, but more so computer graphics.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

haha...***..

maybe in off topic..

lame

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Working...
                              X