Euro R motor & Tranmission swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro R motor & Tranmission swap

I'm able to buy a h22a7(euro R) with the T2W4 transmission for a decent price. Has anyone done it ? If so, are there any issues i should look out for when installing? Any help will be greatly appreciated Unfortunately their isn't alot of info for our cars regarding this swap....

Oh, there is ALOT of info on the h22 swaps on this forum!

Since the a7 Is obd-2 will will need obd-1 injectors and distributor since our cars are obd-1.

The rest of the swap should be the same as a regular h swap whic all the info can be found in the SWAP's section on here.

I don't know about the tranny tho.

Comment

Is it possible to just use the rywire OBD1- OBD2 conversion kits , instead of changing the distributor , alternator & injectors ? I also read that i might run into a possible problem with the drive axel length. Can anyone confirm?

Comment

I have done the H22A7 swap with the U2Q7 transmission (same as T2W4 but with a shorter 5th gear). I run a chipped and tuned P28 ECU.

Its a regular OBD2 H22 swap apart from the timing belt side engine mount bracket which I had to change to an H23 (or "older" H22) one because the bolts were too narrow. I used the OBD2 injectors, just changed the connectors and removed the resistor box. Also I made a conversion harness for the distributor since they are harder to find a cheap one in Europe. It's much easier to convert the engine to OBD1 than converting the car to OBD2.

Also you need an adapter plate for a F-series IACV since the Euro-R intake uses a 3-wire IACV. I will gladly help you out with info if you decide to go for this swap, its a nice rev-happy engine compared to the generic H22 even though the power difference is not huge
        Last edited by lindiz; 07-18-2014, 05:23 AM.

Euro CB7 2.2i [F22A3] --> [H22A7]

Comment

Thanks Lindiz / The Engine & transmission was delivered today,Let the fun begin!!!!

Comment

Sweet!!!!

Comment

Can you run a p13 ecu with the euro-r or do you need a chipped p28?

Comment

I'd like to see if the actual euro r compared to the type s sir s spec make any difference from the dyno.

Comment

I currently have the p28 . When I finally get this done , I will let you guys know how it goes . At this point I'm just gathering all the parts I need for the swap !

Comment

Working...
                  X