Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

custom 2.5in piping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom 2.5in piping

Right now I have intake/header/exhaust, pulleys, fuel pressure regulator and fuel rail, and I've been thinking about a new exhaust set up. Now I found a hi flow cat for 30 bucks on ebay and a Apex N1 syle muffler for about 50 bucks, if I get 2.5 in piping will I lose any power, or should I stick with a 2.25in piping?

Thanks

i would stick with 2.25 piping for betterbackpressure,upgrade piping when you have more modslike avtec with a lot of mods,and those "high flow cats" are not true high flow cats,but i do like the sounds of them.but ya keep your exhaust like it is you need that backpressure.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
      i would stick with 2.25 piping for betterbackpressure,upgrade piping when you have more modslike avtec with a lot of mods,and those "high flow cats" are not true high flow cats,but i do like the sounds of them.but ya keep your exhaust like it is you need that backpressure.

Appreciate the feedback, so do you thinbk I should get the hi flow cat or get one fgrom like a muffler shop. Thanks

Comment

yo those high flow cats sound great imo,i love them.you will blow someblack smoke a lot more though when you get on it because the cats no longer filtering,but they are cool.get the ebay one.then switch it to your stock when you go for inspection.good luck man.

Comment

Aight cool will order them. Thanks again

Comment

custom exhaust

Well I checked the diameter for the hi flow cat and it is 2.5in so i will try and find one with a 2.25in.

Comment

get the the reducer from your local shop.

Comment

Once again thanks for the feeback

Comment

lol thats what my boy did and his shit sounds great.he got the reducer pipe welded on and it worked out perfect for him.hope your turns out the way you like.good luck and have fun.

Comment

Sorry one more question, if the converter has a 3.5in outlet, will that affect anything, can it still be installed. Thanks

Comment

ya your local muffler shop should be able to work with that.but make sure you do get a 90-93 accord "high flow cat:.but ya they canwork with that.

Comment

just for the record, its true you shouldn't get 2.5" piping for that setup, but its not because of backpressure... really you want 0 backpressure, all it does is like it sounds, restricts flow. the problem is when you go too big you lose velocity.
                        HSHO #3

Comment

i just figured that he would want the backpressure since he'll be running the test pipe.it will be open so the back pressure would be good.just my 2 cents homie.my boys runs mint with the same setup accordex wants to run.

Comment

Aight so I will go ahead and order the hi flo cat, with shipping it should be somewhere around $40. Thanks once more for all the feedback and will ley you guys know how it goes.

Comment

To be completley honest, when I had my cat-back installed, custom 2.25" plus High Flow Cat, I felt as if I lost Horsepower on the low end off the line. My muffler is a generic ebay tanabe racing medallion pseudo muffler. Anyone have any experience like this? I leave the silencer in the muffler almost all the time because, A. It sounds better and B. Is it me or leaving the silencer IN actually increases low end tq? I'm just not sure what's up. any insights? peaCe.
                              My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X