Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Easy Rust Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy Rust Repair

Found a video specially for us (no promo)

http://youtu.be/-pouJ9Y5_hw

I love how they blur the H...

That's really just for fixing surface rust, though. Our major problem is with rear quarter panel rust, which is almost always a hole straight through the metal. Bondo won't fix that (and I've seen countless people try!)

Comment

Thats tight how dude taped off the grill... Just remove it, playboy.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
        Thats tight how dude taped off the grill... Just remove it, playboy.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          That's really just for fixing surface rust, though. Our major problem is with rear quarter panel rust, which is almost always a hole straight through the metal. Bondo won't fix that (and I've seen countless people try!)
          I used Bondo to repair a hole through the quarter panel. I did that about 2 years ago and it has held up fairly well. To repair larger holes, a metal mesh backing is really needed to support the Bondo filler.

Comment

Rust sucks... I have a small speckle on my rear quarter... Gonna look for a way to fix it...

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
              I used Bondo to repair a hole through the quarter panel. I did that about 2 years ago and it has held up fairly well. To repair larger holes, a metal mesh backing is really needed to support the Bondo filler.

You didn't fix it, you just covered it up.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I would like to fix mines, but unsure of cost

Comment

Not too expensive, and the best part is that you learn how to do it.

Maybe $10 on sandpaper, like $20 of paint (the exact number, and a good clear) $20 on bondo, if you have the equipment the job is done on $60 bucks or less. If not, there's a good arm exercise, or add to that number $50 more. But it's recommendable to have equipment for at least remove the rust. If it's a hell of a hole be careful how you do it.

Or spend $200 or $300 on a shop for a proffessional job .

Comment

To properly fix it involves cutting and welding....not bondo.
                    1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
                    2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

I love how they use a white car to hide the terrible clearcoat blend line you will have. And not only that but that car is going to be covered in overspray! He could have just backmasked the hood and used a few pieces of paper to cover the light and grill. Instead he decided to use a shitload of tape which will take longer and be more expensive haha

Comment

this is cool..
                        but its not gonna get rid.of.the rust..only cover it....

do it right.the first time .
                        [COLOR=DarkRed][B]I LIVE ACCORDINGLY * 93 CB7

Comment

Replace would be my choice, everthing but the rear quarter panels should be replaced when it gets cancer.

Rear quarter panels can be cut and replaced as well but it is a bit more involved.

I dig the 90-91 CB7 in the video, we all know there is a H under that big blur.

Comment

Working...
                          X