Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

muffler inner diameter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

muffler inner diameter

Just out of couriosity, could a muffler with a 2.5in iner diameter be welded to 2.25 exhaust piping? Thanks

Any muffler shop should be able to do it. It's actually quite simple. They weld on a small section onto your existing exhaust pipe and weld it to the new exhaust. Enjoy.
    My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Appericate the feedback, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Nycxeracer
        Any muffler shop should be able to do it. It's actually quite simple. They weld on a small section onto your existing exhaust pipe and weld it to the new exhaust. Enjoy.
        Would they still be able to angle(slant) the muffler? Thanks

Comment

yah, meineke can do that easy. Why would you want to slant the muffler? Styling aside, if u angle it you will probably lose some velocity of exhaust flow and in turn lose some hp and tq. not exactly sure how much. anyway, your car-do as you please. peaCe.
          My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Well now that I think of it, does anyone know how much hp and tq I would lose if I angle my muffler? Does it depend on what mods I have, Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X