Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its time for a rebuild.....But my CB will live again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wickit View Post
    Good luck on it, hopefully u can get it to the shop!!
    Yeah me too! I'm under a MAJOR time crunch, my girlfriend and I are college students, and we just finished our first week....fml Thanks!
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Are you rebuilding in while its still in the car?
      Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
      93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
        Are you rebuilding in while its still in the car?
        Negative, at least that's not the plan. I'm trying to find an engine stand, if I can't then it will be assembled in the car, unless Harbor Freight allows returns of engine stands......

Comment

AAAANNNNDDDDD she's open! Doesn't look to bad inside, cylinder walls are perfect, #3 piston looks to have had some detonation at one point, the others looks pretty good. And I expected to see some damage to the head gasket, but it looks pretty good as well. No chipped valves, so I'm left to believe my issue is purely ring related. Here's some pics for everyone to enjoy.

The main girdle is coming off tomorrow, along with pulling the crank and rods and after that I'll finish working on the brakes.

Comment

How many miles are on her

Comment

How many miles are on her
              Unknown, when I bought her the dealer had swapped in an engine from the jy. Had a PSI test of 175 written on the header heat shield. And I've owned if for over 2 years and have easily put 65k+ miles on it.

Comment

Today didn't bring much progress, stubborn nuts and improper tools hindered me doing a whole lot. I was able to get the drivers side brake done, the passenger axle nut is NOT cooperating at all. I need a large cheater bar, gonna acquire that tomorrow. Here are a couple pics of the brakes and rotors:

Pretty...

Well there's your problem!

I pulled the cradle/ main bearings tonight. The journals and bearings look to be in great shape, and I inspected the rods at the crank end and they seem to be fine. With them not loose I have to wonder if that noise wasn't rod knock....

Here are the bearings:

And the journals:

I also further inspected my old head, I cant tell if this is extra build up, detonation, or what. I question it mainly because my valves are VERY clean, most likely due to my constant use of Seafoam.

So tomorrow will be a day to try and acquire a cherry picker and stand, Plastigauge, and a cheater bar. Probably gonna need a compressor to get my fucking axle nut and crank bolt off......fml More updates to follow!

Comment

I tried that totally awsome on a few parts i'm about to sell and it works better than purple power by far a better bang for your buck!

Also i see no rod crank journal,cap, or bearings in the above pictures?Just mains.

02 Crv
                  02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                  92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                  Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                    I tried that totally awsome on a few parts i'm about to sell and it works better than purple power by far a better bang for your buck!

Also i see no rod crank journal,cap, or bearings in the above pictures?Just mains.
                    yeah the crank is still in the engine, as soon as it's pulled there will be pics.

Comment

whoa dude! this is way sick

Comment

Why are you swapping the head?

Comment

Why are you swapping the head?
                          I have an A1 that I semi-converted to an A6, this head is from an A6, so I'll have the stronger springs. Plus, I have 2 snapped bolts on the exhaust side and one of the 2 bolts in the dizzy collar is snapped.

Comment

Got around to doing some more work on the CB, haven't got it out yet, haven't had access to a cherry picker yet. Went a bought a engine stand today so I won't have to work about it later. I tried to install the new drivers side bellow on the steering rack, but O' Reilly's only sells Moog replacement bellows. And that piece of shit was too small, wouldn't fit onto the rack, not would the inner tie rod shaft fit thru the other end.....fml! But I did finally pull the pistons and rods, the journals and bearings look good, except for the rod bearing on the #1 cylinder. It had a bit of fine grit and some pitting. Actually upon inspection of my photos I can see pitting on every bearing, its cool, I planned on getting the crank polished. On with the pics:

Cylinder walls look great too:

I have to wait 3-5 business days for the bellow to arrive, by then the engine should be at the shop and then I can put the car back in the air. More pics and updates to follow!

Comment

Well there's your problem:

The ringlands broke on the #2 and #4 cylinder, in the same spot. Oh well, planned on buying new pistons anyways. Glad I decided to clean and scrub my pistons, otherwise I may have never found out and re-installed them into my fresh engine. I was starting to wonder because I hadn't found anything that would have been causing blow by, but now I know where it was coming from.
                              Last edited by dj_ender; 01-27-2012, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Holey crap, I wonder what made that happen!Your lucky it didnt fuck your block up.

Comment

Working...
                                X