Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rear cross member swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear cross member swap?

Will a 94-97 accord ex cross member fit my 93 accord ex coupe? I'm trying to get a rear cross member with the sway bar brackets as my toe alignment on the cross member is out of whack (long story).

I will most likely be pulling it from the junk yard. I already pulled one only to find out it bad no place for the sway bar.

Not directly, no. The LCAs and toe arms are different between the two chassis, and subsequently, so are the subframes. Probably not by much, but it would wreak havoc on your alignment specs.

I know you can use the whole CD rear end, but at that point you're in quite a bit more money.
    Last edited by Corweena; 06-13-2017, 05:33 PM.

Comment

The controls arms on the 94-97 are longer and also spaced wider. If you reuse your control arms and knuckles, and take only the sub frame you should be fine. People have swapped in '97 CL rear sub frames and they bolt right up. Same deal with their control arms though, both longer and spaced wider. Just make sure to get an EX sub frame as they have the attachment points for the rear sway bar.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
        The controls arms on the 94-97 are longer and also spaced wider. If you reuse your control arms and knuckles, and take only the sub frame you should be fine. People have swapped in '97 CL rear sub frames and they bolt right up. Same deal with their control arms though, both longer and spaced wider. Just make sure to get an EX sub frame as they have the attachment points for the rear sway bar.
        Is the wider spacing due to the cross member or control arms? I was planing on keeping my arms/knuckles I just did hard race bushings all around. That's actually how I jacked up the toe adjuster.

Has the 97 cal rear sub frame resulted in any adverse handling or chassis side effects that you know of?

Comment

The wider spacing is in the control arms and the knuckle itself. If you look at the long bolt that goes through the control arms and knuckles you will see it is a few inches longer. All the sub frames are more or less the same. They may even be the same part number. But from the people who have only done the sub frame there is no adverse affects. If you took the whole assembly you would gain a wider stance on the rear either 15mm or 30mm I can't remember if it's 15mm total or per side. Been awhile since I've read the threads.
          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
            The wider spacing is in the control arms and the knuckle itself. If you look at the long bolt that goes through the control arms and knuckles you will see it is a few inches longer. All the sub frames are more or less the same. They may even be the same part number. But from the people who have only done the sub frame there is no adverse affects. If you took the whole assembly you would gain a wider stance on the rear either 15mm or 30mm I can't remember if it's 15mm total or per side. Been awhile since I've read the threads.
            Perfect! So I can increase my chances of finding a vehicle with the correct part. Really appreciate the input

Comment

Working...
            X