Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

half shaft question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

half shaft question

local junkyard claims to have the intermediate shaft pulled from a 92 lx like mine, but its listed as an A/T vehicle.

Would this part work for my auto to manual swap?

Automatics do not have an intermediate shaft like a manual transmission. So they either mislabeled or they pulled the whole driver side axle.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

so after i go pay the salvage dealer then proceed to wait 45 minutes for some guy to come tell me the part was "missing"... He hands me a sheet with what he claimed were "interchangeable" jack shafts, aka the intermediate or half shaft that connects the shorter manual axles...

The sheet says 2.2L 91-97 accords with M/T and the 2.2L 97 CL all have the part im lookin for...

So I go to another yard that I know has a 2.2L 95 Accord Lx MT with the axles all there... The wierdest thing happened tho... I look underneath and see a long axle like the one that was on my manual with no half shaft!

Now Im hitting up a junkyard an hour away early in the am so I can get the jack shaft i need for the swap because the auto to 5spd swap guide says I need to run all 90-93 axle parts for it to work effectively despite the interchange part list..

Comment

Working...
      X