No announcement yet.

Detailers! show off your work *56k beware*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did u say killing clearcoat with an orbital? not possible. a rotary maybe.
    Car is still looking good man!

Comment

Originally posted by Nurega View Post
      Wash, Meguiar's Clay, TR-3 Resin Glaze, Maguiar's Deep Crystal Wax. I want to use a cutting compound next time to get rid of sun-burn from the roof, trunk, and hood, but I've never done it...and I'm afraid of killing my clearcoat with an orbital buffer.

Originally posted by zack_odom View Post
      Zack's right ... show me an orbital that will ruin paint and i'll be amazed lol.

here's some serious poop done from a dumbass with a rotarty .. at the bmw dealer..

corrected by me
      Last edited by TheNextAZN; 01-31-2011, 11:47 PM.
      -:¦:-
      Originally posted by wed3k
      i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN View Post
        Zack's right ... show me an orbital that will ruin paint and i'll be amazed lol.

here's some serious poop done from a dumbass with a rotarty .. at the bmw dealer..

corrected by me
        OMG danyo! how much time that take you? Serious poop indeed!
        oh yeah, nurega, when your bottle of Crystal wax is empty, I would definitely upgrade! grab some Colinite 845, or some Wolfgang Deep gloss paint sealant 3.0 from autogeek.net! you will be thoroughly impressed
        Last edited by zack_odom; 02-01-2011, 01:43 AM.

Comment

OMG danyo! how much time that take you? Serious poop indeed!
          the cut/correction took about 2 hours.. it was only on the hood and upper part of the sides.. amateur work none the less

The other day we got a black Rapide basically off the truck with swirls up the ying yang (70 miles odo) .. that shit was sitting at our shop for 2 days! I had the hardest time getting that cleaned up.
          -:¦:-
          Originally posted by wed3k
          i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Oh, I had no idea about the difference between rotary and orbital. I have no knowledge about buffing paint; you guys are the professionals! I'll probably do some research before getting an orbital buffer and trying it out myself.

Or, next time I'm in the Bay Area I'll just PM Danyo

Thanks for the information.
            Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
            2005 Acura TSX 6MT
            2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

the cut/correction took about 2 hours.. it was only on the hood and upper part of the sides.. amateur work none the less

The other day we got a black Rapide basically off the truck with swirls up the ying yang (70 miles odo) .. that shit was sitting at our shop for 2 days! I had the hardest time getting that cleaned up.
              A Rapide... Really? shiiiiit haha. that has some soft paint I think most British cars have shit paint lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Nurega View Post
                Oh, I had no idea about the difference between rotary and orbital. I have no knowledge about buffing paint; you guys are the professionals! I'll probably do some research before getting an orbital buffer and trying it out myself.

Or, next time I'm in the Bay Area I'll just PM Danyo

Thanks for the information.
                I help ya a little more, I dont want you to buy just any random orbital.
                Whatever you do, dont buy one of these:

All they do is hurt your hands and back lol. They cant remove swirls, and really dont even spread wax very well.
                Try to get one of these:

http://www.autogeek.net/random-orbit...isher-kit.html

http://www.autogeek.net/porter-cable-7424xp.html
                Mess around on that website. but wear a helmet. It might blow your mind.

Comment

Fresh paint job, but here's the full details..... smooth all dirt and orange peel with 1500, then 3000 grit. Finish it off with 3M stage 1 rubbing compound, stage 2 scratch/swirl removal and stage 3 polish final gaze.

I do it all in my own home garage... bodywork, paint and detailing.

From my own CB body restoration this last summer... rusty 1/4 panels NO MORE!!

Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

I think I love you....errrrmmm..
                    Yup.
                    That work is dope! and your car has a perfect stance imo.

Comment

to say you can't mess up paint with an orbital isn't totally true. you can't burn paint with an orbital, but you can wear through it. not to worry though, they are very user friendly. later.
                      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                        to say you can't mess up paint with an orbital isn't totally true. you can't burn paint with an orbital, but you can wear through it. not to worry though, they are very user friendly. later.
                        This is true haha. but you knew what I meant hahaha

Comment

After a wash and wax about 4 months ago. Will be buffing and waxing again this spring.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

Looks good bro!

Comment

What is a good wax that i can apply 1 to 2 coats by hand and have good results?

Comment

maybe someone could do a detailed DIY on how to properly detail interior/exterior of a car. i would love to see that

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
                                My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
                                Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

Working...
                                X