Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Euro R ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro R ECU

Is the ECU PCD (Euro R) OBD2a or OBD2b?
    And does anyone know what the difference is between the two? (other than the different plug position) I am asking because of the possibility of a Euro R swap, but using the PDC ECU with a OBD1 TO OBD2a or OBD2b ECU conversion harness from Rywire.

It would be far easier to simply convert the engine to OBD1, honestly... This is the reason these overpriced "special" OBD2 engines aren't worth the money or effort to install.

OBD is a North American standard. Japan doesn't have the same setup, technically. However, it should be the same as OBD2B, from what I can find (and I found my information via Google... quite easily, actually.)

Comment

Just replace the dizzy and intake manifold and all of its accessories like rail and injectors and its converted. No need to worry with an OBD2 hassle.
      H23A-powered CB7 coming soon.....

Comment

Aside from the fact that there's no OBD1 ECU for the Euro R...

Comment

there's no need to change anything on this engine except the IAC, most of all the sensors can be converted to be used on a obd1 ecu, even the dizzy
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Yes, IAC is the only thing you really need to swap over. Injectors and dizzy can be wired to OBD1 system quite easily. The injectors are slightly longer on the Euro R compared to "normal" H22 ones aswell.

Euro CB7 2.2i [F22A3] --> [H22A7]

Comment

I want to keep the OBD-I F22 harness, wire VTEC in and use the OBD-II ECU and to have the Euro R base map, or I could go all the way OBD-I and just load the Euro R base map onto a P28 ECU. Is that doable? Can one just get the base map or will I have to use the PDC ECU to have That base map?

Comment

You're misusing the term "base map". That term is really only used to refer to a map loaded to a chipped ECU in order to get the engine running well enough to do a proper tune.

You cannot plug an OBD2 ECU into an OBD1 harness. The plugs are totally different.

You can find a map that is close to the Euro R, most likely... but you'd want to have it properly tuned to avoid damaging your engine.

Honestly, for a measly 20hp, I don't see the point in paying the extra money and going through the hassle of the Euro R swap (or the Type S swap, for that matter.) Just get a regular OBD1 H22A. It'll be cheaper and easier, and you'll be able to use a common OBD1 P13 until it's time to do a real tune. With the money you save, you can get a decent header, upgraded intake manifold, and maybe even a set of cams. Those three things, combined with an ECU tune, will likely make a good deal more power than the Euro R... and the cost will likely be only a little more.

Unless you found a source for a cheap Euro R... in which case, I'd stay far away. The Euro R engine is not a cheap engine... so one that is abnormally affordable will either be fake, or beat to death. (if it's not from hmotorsonline.com, I wouldn't even touch it.)

Comment

Deeve, one can connect a OBD-II ECU to an OBD-I harness with an ECU adapter harness, like the one you can find here... http://www.rywire.com/catalog/obd1-t...ness-p-13.html besides the compression ratio on the Type-S and Euro R is higher than the one of the H22A found on the Prelude non-Type-S. Base map meaning factory map... The Euro R has a better IM than the Type S as well, so I am thinking to whom's standards the Euro R it is not a better engine, it makes more power out-the-box and it has a better tranny attached to it! Euro R in my book it is a better engine.
                  Last edited by Apexbender; 09-16-2012, 05:10 PM.

Comment

True, I suppose with the harness... still, it's a pain in the ass. The core of it is still an H22A.

Comment

Yes every sensor can be converted except the IACV but its more easy for some people to use h22 parts. Like I used the dizzy, injectors, and tons of other things on my F20b but when my buddy tried to on his car he failed. So I would suggest converting to obd1 with a h22 parts

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

I am not afraid of breaking into the harness and wire up a sensor or two... But I want to keep as much as possible from the original engine, which in this case it would be the Euro R. There is more than enough info out there to do it which ever way you want to, even converting the whole thing to OBD-II. I am not saying that it is easy, I am saying that it is doable...

Comment

convert the iac valve to obd1
                          i used black traxx adapter plate
                          use a chipped obd1 computer
                          get your car (professionally) dyno tuned

useing the obd2 factory computer is not a good option
                          cars in japan are factory tuned to run on 101 octain

Budget Street is offline working in the shop

drop the mouse and pick up a wrench

Originally posted by deevergote
                          Good for you. You don't even know how to spell VTEC.

Comment

Oh ok... I never thought of that! That the ECU is tuned at 101 octane... But I want to use the Euro R factory map so I can get the same performance from this very rev happy engine. I want to try and use the Euro R ECU and see how well it works, if it doesn't I can always change over to full OBD-I.

Comment

You're going to spend $120 for the harness, I'm sure an insane amount for the Euro R ECU and then find you should have just done it that way everyone is telling you to. Is this all so you can avoid spending money on a tune?

Budget Street: Japan uses RON ratings and not octane. The gas is roughly the same. And to say that an entire country tunes on one particular grade of gasoline is a bit of an ignorant statement. In the states all of our cars aren't 87. It depends on the car.
                              Last edited by Jarrett; 09-17-2012, 07:38 PM.
                              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                              X