INFO: OEM Security system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INFO: OEM Security system

Well since the forum was down forever, I had A LOT of time to research the oem dealer installed security system. I've made a small note page of stuff about it. Here it is.

A269ZUA089 accord keyless entry fcc id #

08E50-SM4-100 oem part # for security system

08E50-SM4-103 new part # for securty system

08E50-SM4-110 oem remote kit cb 93 ex

if your customer wants to add a third transmitter to the
    system, you need to order a four ROM chip set directly
    from Alpine Electronics of America. The Alpine part
    number for the four ROM chip set is 8319. This ROM
    chip set does not come with a transmitter. Order the
    additional transmitter from American Honda.
    If you have questions about how to order a four ROM chip
    set, call Alpine’s parts department at (800) 421-2284,
    extension 8885.

Batteries for the Transmitter
    The battery number is CR2025. Each transmitter uses
    one battery.

site for reprogramming info http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/98-011.pdf

oem service manual 4th gen prelude http://prelude.openbarr.com/manuals/4th_gen/

08E50-SS0-101 part # for 4th gen prelude security system

http://www.originalkeyless.com/HONDA...C.qscstrfrnt01 place that has oem remotes for 90-93 accords

possibly a way to reprogram chips

http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/151052

"If yes, then if you are a reasonable DIY'er...you can do it yourself. You need to get to the control unit (which is located under the steering wheel and behind the knee bolster on the e32.
    You then take the chip out of the remote fob and place it in the control unit so that it can "read/learn/program" the chip.
    Some have control units have a small reset button next to the recepticle for the chip...if it doesn't have a reset button...insert the chip and turn the ignition to position 2...this will "set" the chip.
    Then you remove the chip from the control unit and place it back into the remote fob."

ways to change battery, disarm, arm etc

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/739005...-series/page-3

E32/E34 use the same 'alpine' style alarm system. 5 series (88-96) and (86-93) 7 series.

another site showing reprogramming

http://forums.g2ic.com/showthread.ph...and-other-info)

Based on this info, I have found that BMW, Honda and Acura and possibly some others, have use this kind of Alpine alarm system.

This is just some info based on what I could find on the internetz. Let me know if you have something to add to this.
    Last edited by '93CB7Ex; 12-30-2011, 05:33 AM.
    COUPE K24

Thanks for this !

I have been trying to look for a replacement fob for a while now.

My car has an infrared detector at the drivers door handle.

I hope the fob's shown at the link you mentioned are IR not radio. I had a brief look and it doesnt mention which method of transponding they work with.

It would be good if someone has pics, youtube video or a diy of the reprogramming of the fob.

Thanks again
    Rides:

Accord
    92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
    96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
    88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
    95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
    91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Why do you have a service manual for a 4th gen prelude in there?

I don't really like how everyone is calling it " programming " there is no programming involved

You get a matched set of the little crystal chips, you put 1 in the brain and 1 in the remote and then they work with each other. Thats all there is to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
        Why do you have a service manual for a 4th gen prelude in there?

I don't really like how everyone is calling it " programming " there is no programming involved

You get a matched set of the little crystal chips, you put 1 in the brain and 1 in the remote and then they work with each other. Thats all there is to it.

the service manual because i was thinking it might have something about it in there.

everybody says the brain can reprogram the chips to make them work again.
        COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by JDMDriver View Post
          Thanks for this !

I have been trying to look for a replacement fob for a while now.

My car has an infrared detector at the drivers door handle.

I hope the fob's shown at the link you mentioned are IR not radio. I had a brief look and it doesnt mention which method of transponding they work with.

It would be good if someone has pics, youtube video or a diy of the reprogramming of the fob.

Thanks again
          do you have a wagon? thats the only cars that i know that use the IR key. but i dont have any info on that system.
          COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
            the service manual because i was thinking it might have something about it in there.

everybody says the brain can reprogram the chips to make them work again.
            Well either theirs are different or they're full of shit

And there is nothing in those manuals, the security system was dealer installed for them as well.

Comment

since your the only one who has it working, do you have a extra chip to try it? i have most everything but working valet switches.
              COUPE K24

Comment

I'm not going to try it because i know it won't work

Why would they make matching crystal chips with serial numbers on them when they could be reprogrammed?

That reset button is to reset the whole brain when it has a problem. I had to use it once because it got stuck and thought the doors were open at all times so it wouldn't lock them. Its not for resetting the chips.

Comment

ok. good to know. can you post pictures of your system? like the remote and maybe some of the wiring harness?
                  COUPE K24

Comment

Comment

did you get that remote kit from a dealership? i tried all those part #'s at mine and they said they are all discontinued.
                      COUPE K24

Comment

Yes i did

Comment

how much was it if you dont mind?
                          COUPE K24

Comment

$50-$60

Comment

did you have to order it from vintage parts? i went to the dealership that has everything. the guy there was awesome. but he said someplace has 25 of them and he didnt know where they were.
                              COUPE K24

Comment

Working...
                              X