No announcement yet.

tommi : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey the car is cracking, a bit of rust doesnt change that. Dont hide from the problem however when you get a moment have a proper look and make a assessment. We all got rust somewhere. My arches are certainly not mint. Head up Tommi

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
    UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
    NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Hey man i havent seen you around in forever. hows it going
      h23a3 lxinks

Comment

I see what you ment when you messaged me now haha, I assure you I didn't copy ya I just see it on subarus and thought I could make it work on the CB so I did Not sure who had it first but either way it looks good man!

8 Accords so far:
        '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
        '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
        (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

hey no worries. we have good taste its gonna rub off on other members. i was kinda wanting Type S wheels like what u have but everyone wants big money for em here
          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

BIG UPDATE! put this off for far too long and i think wing zero deserves the attention. im sure some of you have been wondering whats been going on since my last post but alot has changed and it seems sometimes with alot of friend involvement time and patience.

the following pics arent for the feint of heart... both of us worked our asses off and the outcome couldn't be better, he by no means is a body restoration guy he did his best and i couldn't ask for any better results. thanks for the encouraging words mark.

drove it around without rear bumper still looks good lol

didnt think i was that low but i had to make a makeshift ramp to get into my friends workshop and his house quite irritating lol: MOAR LOW LIFE

sigh..

started as a harmless bit of orange in my trunk behind the seam sealer. (honda really fucked us when it came to seam sealing everything cuz once water penetrates and starts to rust it keeps going along the weld under the sealer)

after a lil more digging, at this point i was pretty upset at the findings already how much worse could it possibly be?

oh nice a hole in my trunk: i kept digging anyways

weight reduction at its finest

more

in the end this was all that was cut out

even though in this pic i have a huge hole in my trunk, i still love this car and refuse to give up, i love driving this car! was actually lookin back at my build page, ive come a long way. too far to give up now.

back to it

big freakin hole u can see the ground great now.

outside looking in

cleaned up the area

new metal formed and shaped to fit the hole. he ended up needing to cut and form three pieces to get it all closed back up

the slow painful process of slowly tacking everything in place slowly to not warp metal.... (ninja turtles are the sh!t)

before

primered first

proceeded to seal the whole trunk area inc spare wheel well.
            better than new i think

special thanks to my friend KENNY. we spent almost 9 straight hours from start to finish.

keyword to this journey... PERSISTENTLY RELENTLESS
            Last edited by tommi; 09-24-2016, 10:00 AM.
            <

Comment

the work looks great, I doubt a body would have done much of anything differently.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Im glad to see you didnt throw in the towel and you are getting it back in the game.

It is scary when you see someone cutting big holes in your car. I had the same feeling couple months ago when getting my rear arches done. Hope you enjoy using it again.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

I congratulate you on taking the time to repair it - I know it is a tough decision to start cutting!
                  90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                  08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

thanks guys for the encouragement. its harder and harder to find these things and i want to keep preserving it and restore it. its an extension of myself
                    <

Comment

It's great to see the restoration going. Keep it up!
                      sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Well its been a good run with this look but i sold the tl wheels today. Back to sittin on the cv pros for now till i get some other wheels sorted.
                        <

Comment

But you still have the car, right?
                          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Oh yeh the car still kickin. Just sits alot waiting for me to drive it
                            <

Comment

Working...
                            X