How easy is it to break into our cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How easy is it to break into our cars?

The more I mod my car, the more I get paranoid of it being stolen and it's also only worst cause I live in California. My friend has an old beat up cb and I'm not sure if it's just his car, but he found a way to easily break into it doing something near the window (I forgot what he did, but it took him no more than a minute to get it open). Anyways this brings me back to my question, how easy is it to break into a CB?

One of the times my car was broken into, the thief left an allen key shaved down to the vague shape of a key. Despite the completely arbitrary bumps and valleys, it unlocked my door.

So yeap. The CBs are fairly screwed.

Comment

I've seen a video of a cb meet where one member went around to all the cb's there and started them all, so yeah really easy

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
      1992 Accord EX Coupe
      My FS Thread
      Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

or:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1a6e...WT9uUArbpVNlxA
        Originally posted by deevergote
        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

My friend can open my car with his integra key

Comment

the best thing to do is just park it in a secured garage and never bring it out.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

extremely easy.

so are you asking other people how to break into 4th gens so thieves can learn new ideas?

Comment

A mod needs to delete this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                  A mod needs to delete this thread.
                  To-Do List for Today
                  Be Awesome

Comment

i think we all know that its fairly easy to get into our cars or any accord for that matter. I think its best if we keep out mouths shut because this is a public thread and anyone can see it and where we reside at(some of us at least)

Be grateful civics & cd5s have it worse

Comment

Ah, I see where you guys are coming from now, I was just really surprised and paranoid when my friend showed me and I wanted to confirm so I could think about an alarm system since they really don't come cheap. Whoops, sorry!

Comment

yes! get one. It would help big time and jack the sensitivity up if you live in a "hands on approach" neighborhood

Comment

My cb was stolen in 3 minutes. Without punching the ignition. I suggest major anti theft. Get a new ignition and key hole It honestly wouldn't be too expensive, so ive heard.. The reason they are easy is because they are old an used

Get a steering wheel club and alarm with a flashing light! Its a big visual deterrent.

Comment

Originally posted by JFrost7 View Post
                            Ah, I see where you guys are coming from now, I was just really surprised and paranoid when my friend showed me and I wanted to confirm so I could think about an alarm system since they really don't come cheap. Whoops, sorry!
                            i had my alarm system installed at frys electronics in palo alto for 130 bucks. it worked fine for 4 years. i think it was a black widow too but the brain kept falling down lol.

but my car was never touched after that.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                            X