No announcement yet.

F22Chris 16' FiST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I want the Focus. I've been contemplating my next daily (for like two years) and after doing the calculations it came down between a Focus ST and an EcoBoost mustang. The Focus has four doors so that was easy. The newer Si was in the running too but it isn't as mod friendly.

Tell me about this thing. How do you like it? How does it drive? Pros and Cons? I take it the Fiesta is comparable to the Focus. They look really similar.
    Last edited by H311RA151N; 07-22-2019, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
      So I want the Focus. I've been contemplating my next daily (for like two years) and after doing the calculations it came down between a Focus ST and an EcoBoost mustang. The Focus has four doors so that was easy. The newer Si was in the running too but it isn't as mod friendly.

Tell me about this thing. How do you like it? How does it drive? Pros and Cons? I take it the Fiesta is comparable to the Focus. They look really similar.
      Everybody that I speak with says the Fiesta is more fun of the two.

Pros:
      Lightweight car
      Great factory brakes. Damn good.
      Transmission feels better to me than the Focus
      Handles amazingly
      Cheaper to modify & Flash tunes available for cheap

Cons:
      Blend door actuator gears snap and cause clicking(hasn’t happened to me yet)
      Stock suspension is over dampened (easily fixed with springs)
      Standard econobox issues with rattles in the interior
      Small car. No cargo space with rear seats installed.

Comment

So about what I expected. Yours has quite a bit less miles than a few I've seen.

The only con you mentioned that might bother me is the econobox characteristics in the interior.

The Accessport is a must. I haven't used one but I'm somewhat familiar with the SCT.

I'm very impressed with the cost vs the performance with these cars. I need to test drive one here soon.

Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
          So about what I expected. Yours has quite a bit less miles than a few I've seen.

The only con you mentioned that might bother me is the econobox characteristics in the interior.

The Accessport is a must. I haven't used one but I'm somewhat familiar with the SCT.

I'm very impressed with the cost vs the performance with these cars. I need to test drive one here soon.

Thanks for the advice!
          I just started taking off rattling panels and lined them with the soft side of velcro tape. For the places too small for the tape, I used a small amount of 3M strip caulking. My car doesn’t rattle like others do. That’s with stiffer trans mount and poly engine mount inserts.

Just had to do brakes today. 20k on the stock front pads/rotors and they’re done. Rears have about 4mm left.

These come with 2 types of brakes. One is the all season package which has the less aggressive pads, and one isn’t with the high performance pads that make an ungodly amount of brake dust.

Dealership wanted $400 for pads and rotors so I just went to O’AdvanceNapaZone and got the best of everything for 200.. no complaints after I bedded them.

Comment

Sold this thing because I got an offer that would have been stupid to pass on. Picked up a 2005 Matrix as a daily for now. Will post pics of it when it's presentable.

Comment

Did someone just stop and offer you cash or did you post it up and see what you could get.
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I checked with retailers as i needed something bigger. I just had my first child.

Comment

Congrats on joining the hood! Fatherhood that is. Kids are fun!
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Congrats on the addition to the family.
                    http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Working...
                    X