Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Muffler Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vibrant mufflers are pretty great and come in a dual tip that would fit the opening perfectly. They are a bit more expensive though, however, the build quality makes up for it

Comment

Once again, thanks for the help! I will avoid andysautosport, but i saw the Bosal DTM on a Prelude yesterday and i asked the guy about it, he loved it and it sounded beautiful. Noise wise about the muffler, i dont want a rice look, but if it has noise, as long as its not headache causing i dont care.

But once again, thanks for the aid guys!

Comment

Are you retaining the stock piping? If so, then the noise will be limited. You'll have the small piping, stock cat, and stock resonators working in your favor. It'll be louder than the stock muffler, but it shouldn't be obnoxious. If you do a full catback as I did (2.5" for my H22), with just one fairly small resonator... it will be noisy. Back in 2005, my girlfriend at the time got so fed up with the noise that she bought me a resonator for my birthday!

Comment

^now thats a loving girlfriend.

And I'm just refitting a muffler on the stock pipe, i mainly want the look, not the sound. But because i have $1000 worth of Kenwoods in my car engine noise is irrelevant, as i wouldn't hear it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Are you retaining the stock piping? If so, then the noise will be limited. You'll have the small piping, stock cat, and stock resonators working in your favor. It'll be louder than the stock muffler, but it shouldn't be obnoxious.
            My experience matches that... I'm running an APEX'i WS2 on my stock piping and to me it sounds quite similar in volume and tone to a stock 350Z or G35.

Going to a WS2 from stock muffler increased the sound level by about the same amount that throwing a cone filter on the intake did.

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
            ive always liked how DTM tips fill the hole and protrude just enough, and it helps when backing into a parking spot, theyll slide up and over the parking block if you get that close
            Yup, I've hit a couple concrete blocks or snowbanks with the muffler... probably contributed to my needing a new flexpipe last month

Comment

Sooo i ran 2.25in straight pipe to a 18 inch magnaflow.. (idk the name..) And just put a 2.25in piece of pipe on the end. It sounds soooo ricey like oh my..

It came with a 3 inch muffler when i bought it. (no name) with cat & Resonator
              And it actually had alot of throat to it.. then someone towing my car crushed a hole in it
              So then had er straight piped to the magnaflow...

Could some one tell me the source of this rice :o
              May be seen as a dumb question.. but should i have gotten a tip put on it .. ? would it give her more throat ?

Honestly thinking about just cutting it off.. full straight pipe.. any one running that?

Comment

Why not just patch the lil hole? Have some1 weld it shut.
                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

It was a pretty big hole.. And i left the muffler back in washington :l

It was nothing special, Just an ebay no namer. I did feel a performance increase with the new setup. But i feel as if the muffler was meant for a v8 ? ill take a picture of it tomorrow.
                  I do not know much about performance exhaust setups.

Comment

Piece of sheet metal and welder will fix it. But ya take a pic for us. We love pics
                    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                      Piece of sheet metal and welder will fix it. But ya take a pic for us. We love pics

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

I currently have Apexi WS2 on my EG and when I part out I'll throw that on my CB, fitment looks perfect for it and I love the sound, purrs like a cat but roars like a lion

Comment

Originally posted by Daily CB Cruzin View Post
                          I love the sound, purrs like a cat but roars like a lion
                          ^planning on stealing that line eventually.
                          Last edited by iamninja28; 03-15-2013, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Coupe <3 View Post
                            It was a pretty big hole.. And i left the muffler back in washington :l

It was nothing special, Just an ebay no namer. I did feel a performance increase with the new setup. But i feel as if the muffler was meant for a v8 ? ill take a picture of it tomorrow.
                            I do not know much about performance exhaust setups.
                            You need a resonator and a cat if you don't want the bumble bee tuna sound.

02 Crv
                            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                              You need a resonator and a cat if you don't want the bumble bee tuna sound.
                              Yahh i figured . Back when it sounded throaty it had a resonator and cat.

Comment

Shoulda heard my rig when I cracked the flex pipe going over a hill. Hoo-ey, that thing was loud and irritating.

Comment

Working...
                                X