HenRoc: 1995 Toyota Avalon XLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HenRoc: 1995 Toyota Avalon XLS

Backstory: I purchased this car from my aunt in June who had been the 2nd owner since 98. She had purchased a brand new RAV4 since she wanted something more user friendly. So we negotiated a price and right there I bought it.

Just turned 160k miles and so far maintenance wise it's run about $194 (tires and peice of pipe to patch up and exhaust leak). Other issue that has to be address is a leaking high pressure line for the power steering system and some needed maintanence on transmission fluid and filter change.

Air condition still blows ICE cold so that was a selling point for me. Even comes with a bench seat and column shifter!!!

Decently fast and great on MPG for a 4k lb

Of course ANY car that I buy I can't roll around in without wanting to modify it so it's not staying stock for long... especially since the 1st gen Avalon shares alot of suspension bits with the 4th gen Camry.

Engine:
    - Stock 1MZ-FE V6

Exterior:
    -Stock

Interior:

Upgraded dashlights to LEDs via superbrightleds.com

Audio:

Currently planning on single 10 inch woofer with an in-dash DVD unit and
    Boston Acoustic speakers.

Suspension:
    -Stock

Wheels/Tires:
    -Stock

Future:

Looking at either these:

Zauber 17x8,9+45

or these

Zauber 17x7,8+37

Vogtland springs with Tokico Blues and tracking down some thicker sway bars with Polyurethane sway bar bushings. Do some more research on what's compatible with the 4th gen Camry.
    Last edited by HenRoc; 08-11-2015, 07:52 PM.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Hey sounds like a good car you have there. Do you have any pictures of it or are they deleted? I still see a lot of these avalons around my way.

How did you make out on the maintenance?

Comment

Working...
    X