Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New member, wanting to share my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member, wanting to share my car

Hello everyone, i just joined today and wanted to say hello and give yall a look at my car. I have a 1992 Honda Accord LX automatic. Its not quite as decked out as some ive seen but i love the heck out of it. My car before was an old blazer, and i was worried about the change to a honda, but this car is just so fun to drive. I painted the rims with plasti-dip, except for one cause i got lazy. I have a lot of plans for it in the future, when i get it running again at least. Ill get some more pics when i do fix it, which should be just a few days from now.

I look forward to your progress! What are your immediate plans?

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
      I look forward to your progress! What are your immediate plans?

well, i have to replace the thermostat on thursday so i cAn drive it lol. But i plan on painting that other rim. Then i'm working on replacing the exhaust manifold and the air intake. Im not the most mechanically savvy person out there, but im pretty good at figuring stuff out, and ive gotten used to changing out parts on it.

Back in january my alternator, battery, exhaust manifold, and thermostat all went in the same morning, been trying to recover from that.

Comment

Well, you came to the right place.

As for the thermostat, I recommend an OE temp not an alternate. Be sure to change the rubber gasket/o-ring. Also, with these cars you cannot simply add coolant. There is a 12mm bleeder valve on top of the thermostat housing, open it a turn or turn and a half after completing the thermostat change and before replacing lost coolant. Start adding coolant and watch the nipple on that valve, once it starts running solid coolant from it and is done spitting the air out, close it and then finish filling the radiator.

What happened to your exhaust manifold?

Comment

Well, you came to the right place.

As for the thermostat, I recommend an OE temp not an alternate. Be sure to change the rubber gasket/o-ring. Also, with these cars you cannot simply add coolant. There is a 12mm bleeder valve on top of the thermostat housing, open it a turn or turn and a half after completing the thermostat change and before replacing lost coolant. Start adding coolant and watch the nipple on that valve, once it starts running solid coolant from it and is done spitting the air out, close it and then finish filling the radiator.

What happened to your exhaust manifold?
          thanks for the thermostat tips!

The manifold had a small crack in it, then on that morning i noticed it was quite a large crack and it was leaking and making steam. i patched it and its doing good for now, but i want it replaced.

Comment

For sure. Cast manifolds cracking are not all that uncommon. Especially the 4-1 F22A1 exhaust manifold.

Comment

For sure. Cast manifolds cracking are not all that uncommon. Especially the 4-1 F22A1 exhaust manifold.
              Yeahh thats what I heard, so I just plan on buying a better one.

Comment

Originally posted by illusivesamurai View Post
                Yeahh thats what I heard, so I just plan on buying a better one.
                Upgrading? F22A4 or F22A6?

Comment

Upgrading? F22A4 or F22A6?
                  IDk yet. Saving most of them more expensive modifications for when I have a better job

Comment

I hear ya. You can find another F22A1 exhaust manifold pretty easily. Or, you could weld your current one up and it would be just as good. As long as it doesn't leak your in business.

Comment

I hear ya. You can find another F22A1 exhaust manifold pretty easily. Or, you could weld your current one up and it would be just as good. As long as it doesn't leak your in business.
                      Yeah I patched it for now but it'll probably just crack again in the future. I also need a head gasket for it but that's so expensive I haven't been able to get it done

Comment

Clean start man, welcome to the forum. Looking forward to see what you have planned for this thing!

Comment

Anything new going on with your sedan illusivesamurai?

Comment

Anything new going on with your sedan illusivesamurai?
                            Been working on it, got a bunch of hard to reach hoses to replace

Comment

trying to get up the money to get this thing going again, miss driving the darn thing

Comment

Working...
                              X