What do you hate about your car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
    Guys my MK2 and the S15 don’t have cup holders at all! The cup holder on the Sonoma are pathetic dips on the INSIDE of the glove box. Ill take a picture so you can be thankful they even had them! Nothing like driving stick with one hand.
    Ahhh chevys awesome 90s cup holders. Them damn things wouldnt hold a full can of pepsi while the vehicles is stationary lol. Only time i used mine in my 91 1500,i set a big ass fountain drink in it,let go and my glove box and soda fell on the fresh carpet after that,i buy bottles of soda and keep them tucked behind my arm rest

I honestly don't hate anything about my cb7,except the fact that it isn't sitting in my garage with the f22b1 in it already lol. Only real complaint i have is lack of choice for suspension parts. It's either shell out big bucks for a nice kit,or half ass it with cheap stuff
    Follow me on IG to see my builds/pics
    dmfb919

Comment

Originally posted by chi View Post
      Ahhh chevys awesome 90s cup holders. Them damn things wouldnt hold a full can of pepsi while the vehicles is stationary lol. Only time i used mine in my 91 1500,i set a big ass fountain drink in it,let go and my glove box and soda fell on the fresh carpet after that,i buy bottles of soda and keep them tucked behind my arm rest

I honestly don't hate anything about my cb7,except the fact that it isn't sitting in my garage with the f22b1 in it already lol. Only real complaint i have is lack of choice for suspension parts. It's either shell out big bucks for a nice kit,or half ass it with cheap stuff
      Relatively speaking, the tried and true koni yellows with a decent spring aren't too expensive. The only thing that gets me about the cup holders, aside from their proximity to the radio if you have one, is that they are a one size fits all and there isn't a lot of support for anything taller than a 12 oz. can of soda. If they had a larger and smaller holder in the same tray and the bottom (the shallow depression in the console underneath) were deeper I think they'd function better for the average drink.

I do ho add one more thing to my list and I think it can qualify as a genuine hate, The fact we have HOR 4X114.3 hubs. Granted we don't change rotors very often but it would be nice to have the ability to change rotors on a whim (say track day rotors and daily rotors) without lilkely having to buy and install new bearings. I also hate that all the nice, legitimate wheels for sale are almost without exception 4X100 or 5X114.3. If I happen to see a set of real wheels for sale that do have the right lug pattern they are usually 15's.
      Last edited by Bunta; 12-14-2017, 10:45 AM.

Comment

The rust issue is definitely related to where you are in the world. As old as these cars are, you're going to have at least some unless you're in the desert somewhere. My car has been in Dallas its whole life and I've been all over this thing in the last couple months. It had a teensy bit here and there, but I can't complain.

When I think about the cupholders in context of what year the car was made, it wasn't common for fast food restaurants, gas stations, etc to offer huge soda cups. I think the size and strength of the cupholders was fine for back then. Perfect for a 12oz soda can IMO.
        My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
        Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
        Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
          That's because you have a 92... The 90/91 accord has the best drink holder ever....

You can fit two drinks on either side of the parking brake in a 90/91. Perfect drink holder.
          Coincidentally, the cupholder in my RSX is one of my favorite little features of the car . Still under the stereo, but fits typical "large"-size fountain drinks - I've only cracked a couple abnormally long straws. Depth provides plenty of support, too. There are only two rear seats because of a plastic piece in the middle of the cushion, yet passengers get three cupholders: one at the back end of the center console, plus one under either quarter window. It's like Honda got on their knees to apologize for my old sedan.

The whole dash/center design makes me want to see about fitting one into the CB.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
            pro tip from an upstate New Yorker, for all my rust-concerned friends: FluidFilm
            Fluid Film is both the best and worst product I've ever worked with. I have absolutely coated the frame on both my 2013 and 2016 Tacomas as well as the bottoms of the doors / tail gates and rocker panels to the point they drip out the weep holes and off the frame on 90 degree days in the summer. My 2013 had seen (4) Northeast winters before it was totaled and the frame looked almost brand new except the leading edge of the lower transmission crossmember that was consistently pelted with rocks and road debris. I sold my original factory bumper to a fellow forum member and was putting on his truck and all of his welds had surface rust and the frame coating was starting to turn brown. That in itself sold me.

I actually have this kit with the upgraded spray gun and all the wands. It's brilliant.

The MAJOR downfall of the product is the smell. I find myself nearly dry heaving every time I work with it. That being said, I put nearly a half gallon on my truck a year and so far, so good.

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
            The closest thing I've played with is this not-at-all-a-honda-but-crappy-enough-graphics-that-i-can-pretend add-on vehicle to the SuperTuxKart game:
            http://stkaddons.net/karts/mm001
            There is actually an online database for cars in video games. This is the Honda section.

This is an Accord they show for a game called "Road Burner", which I found here (Hopefully it's not full of viruses).

Comment

when i had my cb7, it was the distributor. ive broken down so many times because of that damn ignitor!

i was going to look into a coil setup but got into a subaru forester (which has a coil pack hah)
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Support of a resurrection for this thread...

Surprised no mention of the "springy" temperature control?

Most of the year I rarely touch it since we can't keep our cars cool enough. But on rare occasions when I drive in the winter it's almost impossible to get the temp dialed in. Must be the cable binding from lack of use since after twisting it several times it does loosen up. But it's rarely accurate enough until after 2 or 3 tries...

Guess at this point it's all part of the charm. BTW I still dislike the laughably almost useless sun visors. So much glass so little coverage...
                Last edited by hiptech; 01-26-2021, 09:09 AM.
                My Collection:
                93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
                00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
                04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

After getting back into a CB after so many years, my biggest annoyance with my new wagon is the NVH, especially after the transmission swap and the mounts being urethane now. I'm thinking serious amounts of Dynamat will be my next big mod after the H22's running.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post

Most of the year I rarely touch it since we can't keep our cars cool enough. But on rare occasions when I drive in the winter it's almost impossible to get the temp dialed in. Must be the cable binding from lack of use since after twisting it several times it does loosen up. But it's rarely accurate enough until after 2 or 3 tries...

Guess at this point it's all part of the charm. BTW I still dislike the laughably almost useless sun visors. So much glass so little coverage...
                    Mine wasn't too bad until I had to replace the heater core. It's been extra springy since then, though I made sure the cable wasn't twisted upon reassembly. But it works and the knob hasn't broken so I guess it's okay.

Comment

rust!
                      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                        After getting back into a CB after so many years, my biggest annoyance with my new wagon is the NVH, especially after the transmission swap and the mounts being urethane now. I'm thinking serious amounts of Dynamat will be my next big mod after the H22's running.
                        This right here! I don't know if it's just age, wear & tear, or overall design, but man these things really do have some NVH. My '14 Nissan Frontier isn't perfect, but it's sooooo much nicer to drive for longer distances.

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                          With urethane mounts, it's not shocking that you're not liking the NVH. Way back when I drove cp[mike]'s car, which was ATX's old coupe. IIRC his mounts were 94A urethane along with a really light flywheel, some urethane in the suspension mounts and the driving experience was nothing like my car which was all stock.

Comment

Mine are 'only' 70A, but we'll see what can be done elsewhere on the car to make it more comfortable before I cave and go back to stock mounts, and just deal with possibly having to replace them more often. That's one great advantage we have with F/H builds that K-series swappers can't enjoy.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post

I fully support the resurrection of this thread

Yep, the temp adjustment knobs are kinda weird to me. They wont twist fully left or right lol
                              But not much really annoys me about the cb, but the dash clock door being flimsy I guess.. The cigarette lighter assembly breaks

Comment

Since we're picking nits there is one missing item that has ALWAYS annoyed me. Sort of surprised not to see it mentioned before though I did bring it up once a long time ago...

My 89 SE-i had it, the Legend had it and unless a I'm mistaken the Integra had one. Why did Honda choose to omit the steering wheel audio control!?

Considering how low in the dash and difficult to access the head unit is I see this more than a forgiveable omission. Interestingly I don't think I've ever seen anyone here do a retrofit either?
                                My Collection:
                                93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
                                00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
                                04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Working...
                                X