CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner "Off Topic"

Old 11-07-2017, 01:42 PM   #1
4doors
Newcomer

4doors is cool... so far.
It's been a long time but I got another Cb7

It's been a long time sense I've been here, but somebody gave me a cb7 so I decided to build it. Not sure if I'm even allowed to post this here this place has so many rules. Anyway it's a 1990 original auto. I swapped it from auto to manual. I used a delta 272 cam and bisi springs and my old ported h23 intake. I cobbled together a 3" exhaust from my old cb7 and the old turbo manifold converted to a header until I turbo it this spring/summer. It's running on an aemv2. Pretty much stock other then that. This car is strictly to flog around in and have fun. I will be building a turbo kit for it. I have all most all my old parts form my previous cb7 build that are going on it. I'll try to keep updating as I go. I also have another f22 build going on that is pretty serious but it's a different chassis. I guess if I'm breaking the conduct rules you will line me out on where to post. Kale
4doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:03 PM   #2
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Sweet, have any pics?
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:39 PM   #3
4doors
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf99 View Post
Sweet, have any pics?
I have a few but I don't know how to post them? Do you still have to have an image host?
Old 11-07-2017, 06:22 PM   #4
wtfisafleek
CB7tuner Member

wtfisafleek is cool... so far.
Yup.
wtfisafleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 12:32 PM   #5
4doors
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfisafleek View Post
Yup.
Wow what a PITA that is. Probably won't be posting pics then
Old 11-08-2017, 01:32 PM   #6
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
You sound like you'd be a joy to have around here. You have three posts in this thread and all of them involve complaining about the site. If you are so annoyed by this site, why come back? We didn't seek you out to be a burden on you.

Change your whining attitude about the very minuscule rules the site asks its members to adhere by for the sake of structure, or continue to post elsewhere. We're all annoyed about the inability to post pictures directly to the site without a host. But bandwidth costs money. You haven't contributed anything to the forum financially, so who are you to criticize what is made available to you with the resources from others? Some of us also find some of the rules annoying, at times. But they're there for a good reason. To protect the members that do invest their time and content here, or to ensure that the site is still as organized as it was when it was small.

We'd love to see and talk about your car, but if you're incapable of posting here without crapping on this community that was doing just fine before you, then you're not really needed.
If you see any threads or posts of mine whose picture links are broken (there are a lot), please send me a link to the thread. I will gladly fix them. I don't see it as a fruitless burden. This site has helped give me quite a bit of my drive and passion for cars, and fixing my picture links is the least I can do to give back.
Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:53 PM   #7
4doors
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
You sound like you'd be a joy to have around here. You have three posts in this thread and all of them involve complaining about the site. If you are so annoyed by this site, why come back? We didn't seek you out to be a burden on you.

Change your whining attitude about the very minuscule rules the site asks its members to adhere by for the sake of structure, or continue to post elsewhere. We're all annoyed about the inability to post pictures directly to the site without a host. But bandwidth costs money. You haven't contributed anything to the forum financially, so who are you to criticize what is made available to you with the resources from others? Some of us also find some of the rules annoying, at times. But they're there for a good reason. To protect the members that do invest their time and content here, or to ensure that the site is still as organized as it was when it was small.

We'd love to see and talk about your car, but if you're incapable of posting here without crapping on this community that was doing just fine before you, then you're not really needed.
Duly noted Jarrett
Old 11-09-2017, 10:28 AM   #8
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Thank you.

Now, in the event that your picture-hosting experience has gone through Photobucket, that is no longer an option. You'll have to a different one like flikr or imgur. Imgur is super easy and doesn't even require you to sign up. You'll just have to select the link size for "large thumbnail" instead of the native size or else it will post a massive image that can't be seen here.
If you see any threads or posts of mine whose picture links are broken (there are a lot), please send me a link to the thread. I will gladly fix them. I don't see it as a fruitless burden. This site has helped give me quite a bit of my drive and passion for cars, and fixing my picture links is the least I can do to give back.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:32 AM   #9
wtfisafleek
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4doors View Post
Wow what a PITA that is. Probably won't be posting pics then
Just use Imgur. It's totally free and there's only one small thing that might hang you up when it comes to posting pics. Even then it only has to do with sizing them correctly. It's what I use.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:46 AM   #10
4doors
Newcomer

Ok so here's my atempt at posting pics. She's a bit ugly.

https://i.imgur.com/gyBqw5w.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/EcQKENR.jpg

Here is a couple of my other f series build as well
https://i.imgur.com/awr9Wvo.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5UXE3Ee.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/CE6ajTO.jpg

The three amigos
https://i.imgur.com/r51lsgc.jpg

(I feel like i did it wrong)

Last edited by Jarrett; 11-09-2017 at 11:53 AM. Reason: I feel like i did it wrong
Old 11-09-2017, 11:59 AM   #11
Jarrett
Contributing Member

You need to use IMG links instead of URL links. You also need to click "huge thumbnail" to make them a manageable size.

Old 11-09-2017, 01:02 PM   #12
4doors
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
You need to use IMG links instead of URL links. You also need to click "huge thumbnail" to make them a manageable size.

I see, well I'm using the app on my phone and doesn't give me that option. I wil mess with it when I have some time.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:47 PM   #13
wtfisafleek
CB7tuner Member

She doesn't look that bad to me. At least the body looks pretty straight.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:12 PM   #14
Rilas
Gold Member

Rilas seems to have made some friends!
Dear lord that intercooler on the CD? is freaking MASSIVE! The cars do look good though.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:14 PM   #15
CB7_Saloon
Newcomer

CB7_Saloon is cool... so far.
Nice CB7 :] may not be the prettiest in your opinion, but she still looks good. Straight body as previously stated, paint looks good and that front lip though 😍
CB7_Saloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 10:56 AM   #16
4doors
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfisafleek View Post
She doesn't look that bad to me. At least the body looks pretty straight.
Thanks it's pretty strait, has some pretty bad rust in the usual spots. Overall it's a good canidate for a patch job and a vinyl wrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB7_Saloon View Post
Nice CB7 :] may not be the prettiest in your opinion, but she still looks good. Straight body as previously stated, paint looks good and that front lip though 😍
Thanks, Got to love the legend lip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilas View Post
Dear lord that intercooler on the CD? is freaking MASSIVE! The cars do look good though.
Thanks I made the tanks a bit on the large size, shouldn't be a problem with it getting heat soaked though

Last edited by Jarrett; 11-10-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: