Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

High RPM Ign Timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High RPM Ign Timing

About how much timing do yall run on your F22A's? Im currently at 31-33 degrees at 5k+. It stops pulling after 5k-ish also, Im thinking its cause my A1 intake mani.

The motor is a JDM F22A, with a A1 intake. Stock exhaust with no cat, and a straight threw muffler. Stock intake/box. 93 octane gas.

Im tuning it on Crome. With a chipped P28, with vtec disabled obviously
    Last edited by hotrodj; 06-11-2013, 09:59 PM.

Reading this will begin shed some light on relationship with RPM, ignition timing and loads.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preignition
    A&P-IA

Comment

Oh boy. Im well past that, Ive tuned many cars. Thank you tho.

Im looking for others experience, Im new to F22's. Idk if the basemap I found is a legit starting point. Im confident in my part throttle map, it runs pretty good. But im unsure of whereabouts the stock map has the timing on the top end. Im not gonna be on the dyno till I do some actual motor work.

Comment

Didn't you say you are using PT3 on Crome?
        Didn't know you can do that........
        A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
          Didn't you say you are using PT3 on Crome?
          I fixed that. P28. Was running the reg pt3 till I plugged int eh chipped P28 this evening.

Comment

OK.

There's a thread by a guy who is/was working on developing a software to tune PT3/PT6. I thought he had completed that.
            A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
              OK.

There's a thread by a guy who is/was working on developing a software to tune PT3/PT6. I thought he had completed that.
              I havent heard about that yet, Id be glad to test it if some wants to chip my pt3 for me lol I had this P28 sittin here so Im messin with it, runs and drives around and idles just fine.

Ill be installing a wideband as soon as i get a new controller for my spare AEM UEGO. I need a Ostrich yet too. Im spoiled by my S300 in my Sol.

Comment

It isnt going to keep pulling after 5k because peak torque is in that area. Amongst other things. That intake manifold isnt helping.

Do you have videos of any of the cars youve tuned? What systems do you work with. Just curious

Superior Tuning Solutions
                Dedspool MFG
                1995 Civic Coupe : A/M F swap
                LOCK.IT.UP

Comment

Originally posted by SleeperSEDAN View Post
                  It isnt going to keep pulling after 5k because peak torque is in that area. Amongst other things. That intake manifold isnt helping.

Do you have videos of any of the cars youve tuned? What systems do you work with. Just curious
                  Just a drag racing vid of my D16 Sol, bad launch but hung right with a boosted AE86.

I use S300 on the Sol, but Ive tuned quite a few cars with Crome.

I figured about the intake after I been looking at dyno graphs of similar motors lol I ran it up to 6k or so the other night, didnt run great lol Ever since then Ive had this issue with it running crappy at low throttle/rpm. Ive tried adding and subtracting timing in that area. Ive tried p28 base and p30 base. Ive tried p14 timing maps, and no luck. It runs perfectly fine with the stock pt3 tho.

I just found a Uberdata map that looks decent Im gonna try next time i drive the car.

Planning on swapping to S300 after the summer and strapping on my H1E ive been sitting on lol Gotta get a mani yet and a turbo cam.

Video: del Sol vs boosted ae86
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Z5UzF5ObM
                  Last edited by hotrodj; 06-14-2013, 09:47 PM.

Comment

^^ I just sent you some base maps for the f22a, one should be for crome, the other for uberdata. Also in regards to the factory timing maps, you can get an idea by visiting: http://www.pt-tuner.com/wiki/index.p...al_Programming and going to the 'text tables' section for Ignition timing, unfortunately as of writing I do not have the axis's completely figured out, but the side for the rpm scale should be as follows:
                    500, 699, 849, 1000, 1300, 1500, 1799, 1998, 2226, 2500, 2701, 2995, 3498, 3997, 4496, 5000, 5498, 5990, 6510, 8012

^^ This information can also be found in my Development thread.
                    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Gonna be reading that thread tonight! Thanks

Quick ? Is there a difference in anything I should change on my tuning software/BIN because of using a P28 with p28 or p30 base? Obviously I have vtec disabled, I have closed loop disabled too cause i need a new o2. Gonna install a wideband soon tho

Comment

Working...
                      X