Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how many computer viruses have you come across?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many computer viruses have you come across?

I've come across many computer viruses. The whole google update shit where it'll load a URL jacker basically the virus just redirects you away from google onto their website.

Then when you try to get out of their website it'll state that no website exists. They manage to take that virus and piggyback off your google so even if you erase it if you don't fully get rid of it off your computer where the virus is deeply embeded in the computer it will reload itself again lol.

It took me a couple of hours but eventually I got it. Not only is it embedded in the computer on certain parts it'll hide itself on downloaded files like ev9,doodgle,and other programs.

ive ran across countless viruses. it prolly has something to do with the fact im a pirate

the worst one ive ever dealt with is one that would shut down everything in windows until it bricks you computer. that one was fun
    visit vgruk

Comment

Personally, none. On my living room PC I don't even run antivirus.

But...... I've been in the IT World for 20 years + and I know how to not get them.

Fixing customer PCs, 10,000+. Some have it really really bad and are clueless. Some have MBR viruses, key logs, spyware, malware, etc, etc.

Comment

I too run no antivirus but simply just know what to download/not download and how to delete them myself.

Comment

If you have no antivirus/antimalware software, how do you know you don't have viruses or malware?
          My Car
          FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
            ive ran across countless viruses. it prolly has something to do with the fact im a pirate

the worst one ive ever dealt with is one that would shut down everything in windows until it bricks you computer. that one was fun
            Ouch. I think that one is attackware. They do have some other virus program called ransomware where it hides all your files and says if you want your computer fixed you have to pay this amount to get it back. I was like damn may aswell reboot the whole damn thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
              If you have no antivirus/antimalware software, how do you know you don't have viruses or malware?
              Well most of them stay hidden most of the viruses will stay hidden. What you will notice is the computer will be very slow to just about everything you do to it. Other programs will try to attach itself to your computer, youll get into other situations where it will try to mirror your information or redirect you to other sites.

What you can do it check the performance on the computer and be mindful when you see advertisements. Most of all empty your spam and if you see emails that look suspicious do not absolutely do not open it. If you see any funny messages telling you to update the system and its important get off that site and clear your cookies.

If you use google or internet explorer be sure to clear your cookies on there atleast once a month along with any other funny sites that may have tried to intervene. I noticed that when downloading music on the torrent.

Comment

For instance check how he goes deep into the computers files to extract it. but if you make a mistake on your files it will re-download all of that nonsense back into your computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_d8LXIhyyE

Not only can you look in your own computer to find it this helps you get more of a feel of going into your own computer to do things. This procedure will help you have a more understanding of how deep computers are. The main reason why Norton is this expensive is that it does a majority of this for you so that you don't have to worry about everything.

It doesn't necessarily stop things if you constantly go to certain sites but it will prevent the damage and quarantine it. Believe it or not Norton antivirus is actually a virus itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
                  Running processes, registry, system performance. After working with PCs for decades you know what every service and processes is and the top viruses of the month. Only so may ways in, attachment points, run points, and DLL trickery. Plus I just browse smart, if I didn't ask for it I don't want it. If I need to go to a site/location that I know may have viruses I use a laptop that has all the protection.

I worked for MS Support Level 3 (last line of support) fixing such things and that was 10 years ago. Things haven't changed much for windows viruses.

Phone viruses do scare me though as I know nothing about them, so I do run antivirus on my phone but I still feel unprotected at times.

Comment

Working...
                  X