Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Base timing, advancement yeild hp gain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Base timing, advancement yeild hp gain?

'90 lx 4dr w/F22a1 with I/H/E, H23 intake mani and trans. I don't have a dyno that I can use, so I can't adjust my timing, dyno it and repeat. Would advancing (or retarding) it make much of a difference with just the basic mods I have or would the ecu just cancel it out? A suggestion or reccomendation as to where I should set it and est gain (ex. X deg btdc, X hp X tq) would be helpful.
    Thanks

you'd see some hp with street legal race gas.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Adjusting the ignition timing basically moves the powerband around. Without a dyno, you really can't determine exactly where to put it for the most gain. Stay within 2* of stock (13*-17*) and you'll be fine.

Comment

I believe that slightly more advance is a bit better for high RPM power. But without having a way of monitoring it I wouldn't advance it past the stock limit of 17 degrees. I have an IHRA drag strip less than 5 miles away so I could do a little experimenting with it but if I do I'm still not going to take it much out of the specs (20 deg. advance max)

Comment

Thanks for the info, it was to my knowledge that the only place localy w/ a dyno was employed by total idiots, but I managed to find another not too far away. Hopefully this week I will get a chance and set it to 16-17* and take it there, I'll post results when I do so.

Comment

keyword "retard" ftw

Comment

Working...
            X