USDM BB2 with 4WS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USDM BB2 with 4WS

I was wondering about this car specifically. I want to see if I can't find one and pull it's 4WS system out of it, or at least examine one. I didn't know that the 4th gen Prelude had this option has anyone seen this?
    The CB7 Collector.
    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
    92 LX Coupe F22A1
    2013 Toyota Corolla S
    92 EX Sedan F22A1
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Yes, I used to see this car quite often but it has now somewhat disappeared for many reasons. Its 4ws is electric with servos in the rear wheels as opposed to the previous model.

In Australia it was offered only as an option from the middle of the range and top of the range trim level I believe.

I liked this shape when it came out but later acquired the previous model due to me liking the 3rd Gen Prelude more (with 4ws of course)
    Rides:

Accord
    92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
    96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
    88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
    95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
    91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Originally posted by JDMDriver View Post
      Yes, I used to see this car quite often but it has now somewhat disappeared for many reasons. Its 4ws is electric with servos in the rear wheels as opposed to the previous model.

In Australia it was offered only as an option from the middle of the range and top of the range trim level I believe.

I liked this shape when it came out but later acquired the previous model due to me liking the 3rd Gen Prelude more (with 4ws of course)
      I didn't know they were electric! I know the CB1/3 and BA4's were mechanical. I am not sure about out of state BB6/7/8's if there were or not but I would like to take a gander at one.
      The CB7 Collector.
      92 LX Coupe F22A1
      2013 Toyota Corolla S
      92 EX Sedan F22A1
      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
        I didn't know they were electric! I know the CB1/3 and BA4's were mechanical. I am not sure about out of state BB6/7/8's if there were or not but I would like to take a gander at one.
        All Honda 4ws produced other than the 3rd Gen Prelude and the 4th Gen Accord (4th and 5th Gen Prelude and now Legends) are electric.

In fact other than the 3rd Gen Prelude and 4th Gen Accord all mass produced active 4ws systems that existed both contempory and there after are ALL Electric.

Nissan (on Skylines) Hicas was electric
        Toyota's (Convertible Celica's) was electric
        Mitsubishi (Galant VR4) was electric
        Mazda (Mx6) was electric

The 3rd Gen Prelude is the first and only system to ALL be an active system (not passive like Subaru), dual mode (slow and fast) and be 100% mechanical and solid. So unbreakable to be of commercial value after initial sales that they learned not to do it again.

Hence, I believe the switch to electric to provide business to 1) Dealers for diagnosing, code reading and erasing 2)Mechanics both dealer and non-dealers for labour 3)Parts department for sales 4)Parts recyclers for sales 5)Makes governments happy as it generates taxes through sales income due to 1-5 above. See the business generated by building things that break?! (that is another topic)
        Last edited by JDMDriver; 09-23-2013, 07:52 AM.
        Rides:

Accord

CR-X
        88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol

Prelude

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
          All 4ws other than the 3rd Gen Prelude and the 4th Gen Accord are electric.

In fact other than the 3rd Gen Prelude and 4th Gen Accord all mass produced active 4ws systems that existed both contempory and there after are ALL Electric.

Mazda (Mx6) was electric

The 3rd Gen Prelude is the first and only system to ALL be an active system (not passive like Subaru), dual mode (slow and fast) and be 100% mechanical and solid. So unbreakable to be of commercial value after initial sales that they learned not to do it again.

Hence, I believe the switch to electric to provide business to 1) Dealers for diagnosing, code reading and erasing 2)Mechanics both dealer and non-dealers for labour 3)Parts department for sales 4)Parts recyclers for sales 5)Makes governments happy as it generates taxes through sales income due to 1-5 above. See the business generated by building things that break?! (that is another topic)
          Rides:

Accord

CR-X
          88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol

Prelude

Comment

Originally posted by JDMDriver View Post
            All Honda 4ws produced other than the 3rd Gen Prelude and the 4th Gen Accord (4th and 5th Gen Prelude and now Legends) are electric.

Mazda (Mx6) was electric

Makes me want a 4WS CB so bad...kinda hard to get my hands on one in the US though lol. And yes I agree with the second part of your post, Perhaps GM and Ford know all to well about this?
            The CB7 Collector.
            92 LX Coupe F22A1
            2013 Toyota Corolla S
            92 EX Sedan F22A1

Comment

Working...
            X